Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential purchase?

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
How's this sound:

993 RHD, 96 N, (Varioram) Tip, A/C, Sunroof, Sports seats, 18" Turbo alloys, 3/4 owners, 55K miles, Midnight blue, Factory Aero-kit. £30K

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4589

Tiptronic.....otherwise good but a bit over the price you wanted?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4591

I always set a budget then exceed it excessively, it's always the same :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4592

Are you sure you want tiptronic? There will always be more.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4593

A lazy cruiser does sound appealing (having previously owned a manual).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4594

:eek:
Phil if you want a lazy cruiser buy a mercedes! There are other repercussions of driving a tip lazily...the ecu will map your driving style in this way and change the gear ratios to make it go slower(or something). I have heard the 993 tip is the best of the lot though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4595

Howabout the speed yellow 993 tip due in at Autobahn for £26.995?

Not as great a spec as the 30k. midnight blue one but you will get noticed!

Kips

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4596

where are you buying the car from?

has the car got a fsh?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4602

Phil,

What are you thinking about!

Tiptronic! 911's are for driving with you in control, not a auto box changing up and down went you don't want it to.

You'll miss the stick in your hand :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4608

Midnight is a good colour and mileage etc. seems ok, but the tip would put me right off, think there must be an option somewhere with a manuel box :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4611

Should I consider myself officially told-off then?! :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4612

Yeah, bend over you bad boy!

Have you looked at www.911virgin.com

Henry has got two manual 993's in both under £30k, beware though he shows his cars warts an all and then gets them looking good at sale (assuming you havn't paid the millenium price), it can be off-putting. As can his no-nonsense approach.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4614

Phil,

Don't be put off by the he-men bully-boyz with their manual gearboxed-cars!!

At least try the Tiptronic. Remember you lot- its not just an auto-you can drive it like a manual, only without having to move your left foot. (you could just move your left foot in sympathy if you really missed the foot thing!)

Also Phil, you can laugh your bitz off when the next person on the forum posts a message about clutch problem/huge bill for renewal with engine out crap!!

Marc (obviously a Tip owner)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4635

When I was looking I tried a Tiptronic ... thought it was pretty good .

I agree with Marc that you should definitely try one, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4636

I'm up with Marc and JamesL. My PAJ came with unsought Tip and have to confess I'm a convert. If you're at Brooklands in the afternoon Phil, you can have a pootle (albeit in a lefthooker) and see what you think :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4640

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back