Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S slated by Clarkson.......

noony

Mugello
.....kind of. :eek: :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4428

so - let's get this right : C4S is a poseur's car and I should go and replace it with a renault clio. ... which was spun off the track by STIG.......and has the residual strength of .....well, a renault clio. The cheap sensationalism of this journo b*%%*cks has actually really peeved me. !! ..and now i'm getting cross again to think that i've allowed it to get me cross !! aaaarrgghh !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4429

Thats about right....... Clarkson didnt mention the better handling because of the wider track, better exhaust, and extra standard specification, so it must not be worth the extra money?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4430

Yes the C4S is just a body kit.
You don't get the brakes, lowered suspension extra traction offered by the widened track, maybe the car Jeremy drove was different from the one that won Evo car of the year?

Jeremys opinion, Save the extra money and get a Carrera 4.

A saving of £3000? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4431

That'll be the Turbo's brother then Rob :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4434

It won't take you guys long to realise that I can't speil :D

Although in my defence, I am using a Mac right now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4440

Damn it. I missed it. Can anyone be bothered to give me a full commentary?

Please! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4449

James,

Basically, the 911 Turbo was taken round the track and did very well, with an adjustment to the time because of the bad weather it came in at a faster time than the lambo! :lol:

JC then did a short stint in a C4s and claims that its just a bodykit and is not worth the extra £3000 over a standard C4. He said that the engine sounds best at around 17 mph, or "when having a pose through town!" He then went through a bit with 3 girls on stage, one represented a Turbo (well propotioned lass :D
all natural) one represented a C4s (very well propotioned by not all natural - if you get my gist) and then the last one represented a C4 (good looking, but not so well proportioned - again, if you get my gist). He asked the crowd which one they'd go for!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4454

Was a very poor piece of tv, apart from seeing the turbo driven hard(though for only a few seconds!) and I thought only taking 4 seconds off for those conditions wasn't enough. His love of the Clio juxtaposes well with his ex colleague Needell who said very little in favour of the car when fith gear tested it about a month ago(and his opinion as a driver is worth something).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4464

well gc done it again. the C4 S is better than the a normal c4 by miles. is it worth more than a standerd car with sat nav and an areo kit and some cash in your pocket?

but dont buy a new targa if you like your money there droping like stones!

Clive

:lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4505

Big writing :?
. You can get good discounts on new targas though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4506

Clarkson is an absolute pillock. he cant drive for sh*t and i dont value his opinion at all. the thing is, he will influence alot of people watching the programme who dont know better and he knows it.

i like the new style top gear but some things like that wind me up. :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4524

anotha thing, i just watched the 4s bit again on vid(had to be recorded) and am wondering whether that one was specced with the sports exhaust cos it sounded sweet. trying to persuade my dad to spec sprt exhaust on his 4s but hes not keen.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4532

A little bit off topic but why is it every C4s comes as artic silver with black leather? Surely there must be other colours available but as yet I've not seen one.the next person to order one in silver needs to have there head examined. If your paying that sort of cash for a car I'd want some exclusivity. I've only seen 5 C4s on the road one of which was a friends car (who now drives a 360 modena which I had a drive in yesterday another post on that experience i feel)and all 5 were artic silver. Yes I used to have an artic silver boxster (red (alright a bit pinkish) interior) and it did look good even when dirty but also it never really polished up well unlike the Iris blue 993 ( marble (alright a bit grey) interior) that now takes pride of place and polishes up a treat.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4539

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back