Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Side "Repeaters"

JamesM

Hockenheim
Well just got around to ordering and installing the side "repeaters" (sounds American!!!) on my 993 - Much better overall appearance than the orange ones - Well recommended!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4348

It's funny how subtle changes like that can make the world of difference to the overal look of a car. Amazing really when you think of the millions that go into design, that at the end of it all they go and slap orange plastic bits all over it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4349

Agreed, it actually makes the car appear more modern!

:lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4350

Guys,

I'd like some advice regarding the rear indicators. At the moment, they are still Orange, and it doesn't really go with the clear fronts and side indicators. What have other people done / seen on the back of other 993's.

I've had a look on a couple of web sites, and the only alternative that I can see if a full red back (a la Turbo).

Any comments greatfully received!

Cheers - James

:?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4353

Hi James,

Which ones did you buy? How much? Are they still rectangular or those aftermarket oval ones? Lastly, were they OK to fit?

I've got a C4 993 and, like you, think the orange repeaters look out of place compared to the clear indicators at the front.

Many thanks

Richard

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4356

Hi Richard,

I bought them from
http://www.design911.co.uk/index.htm
for £19.95. They're the rectangular ones, and VERY easy to fit. I was actually going to post a new topic on how to take them out, but before I did I tugged on one of them and it just popped out. The whole thing took less than 1 minute.

I'll take a pic of them for you if that helps.

Cheers - James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4357

James

I replaced my repeaters with oval ones... and am now thinking of changing my indicators as well, I still have orange front ones. The red rears seem to be the only alternative ones I've seen. I'd be interested to see how you get on.

Jim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4366

Hi Jim,

I've searched around and Red is all that I can find. I've just been out giving the car a quick weekend wash, and the rear indicators are really getting to me now!!!!

Need to change!

Where did you get the Oval's from?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4369

James

I got my ovals from Peter Topping here on this site

I saw a set of clear front and red rear indictors in type 911's ad in this month's Porsche Post for £132+vat ... ... rang them up and lo and behold the price has shot up to £220+vat :(
... very similar to design 911's price £225+vat

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4484

I have oval side LED smoked indicators on my 993.. from www.aceparts.com - took 5 mins to fit and, because they are smoked and my car is black look great.

I have red rear indicators and clear front ones... I guess that must have cost quite a bit to do! Looks great though :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4529

Agreed Dan, just had another look at the pics of your car and the red red lights do look a lot better than the standard orange. Are they the Turbo ones?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4621

I'm not entirely sure if mine are Turbo or not.. but they are red. I'm still new to this 993 lark!

Are the turbo/C4S rear lights not cross-compatible with the standard bodied cars?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4624

just ordered the 'turbo' lights kit ....yum yum

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4630

JamesL,

Where did you order them from?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4634

design911 ... mainly cos I'd heard they are reliable..... trouble is when I get on the phone and the guy says 'and anything else sir?' I have trouble keeping my mouth shut ... ended up with wheel caps as well and only just managed to stop myself getting the Fabspeed exhaust .....

I must be mad :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4637

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back