Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bridgestone S0-1's

Jamie Summers

Sao Paulo
Bizarrely I'm struggling to get hold of a set of S0-2's from my preferred cheapo tyre place, however they have got a full set of 'N2' rated S0-1's. Do any of you folks out there know anything about these things - I believe they are slightly more hardcore than the SO-2's but all info greatly received !

Ta,

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4317

S0-2's are no longer being manufactured and I understand are becoming very hard to find. I understand S0-1's and the new replacement, S0-3's are not as good. I think there was something in this month's Porsche Post about alternatives.... there weren't many! Do you have a copy of it? If not I will dig it out and email you a scanned copy. It will have to be next week though as I am away for the next few days.

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4318

Jamie, have you tried Bracknell Tyres for some S0-2's?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4320

Thanks guys, it's not that I'm particularly after S0-2's, I know they're not too difficult to track down despite not be produced any more. It's just I was offered the S0-1's as an alternative by the company I happened to be talking to and wondered if they were worth a look (knowing that they're not made any more either).

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4322

Certainly in Impreza world, SO-2's were considered to be the best all round tyres, better in the wet than P-Zero's, and about the same in the dry.

I'm sure SO-1's came first, and were nowhere near as good, then they switched to SO-3's, and again most people thought the old SO-2's were better.

My 911 has P-zero's just now, but there isn't a lot of life left in them, so I'd be interested in board opinions, or the Porsche Post article on what to buy as replacements.

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4328

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a1jgh
Back