Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports Exhaust on Turbo and GT3?

Sarbs

Nurburgring
Does anyone know why the sports exhaust option is not available for either the Turbo or the GT3?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4251

Sounds like it's already fitted (or would do the car no good)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4254

Why Sarbs? I reckon the GT3 at least would have one as standard.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4286

Hi Carl,

Im not 100% sure, but i think that the gt3 has the sports exhaust as standard,or is classed as a sports exhaust.As far as the TT is concerned,the only way to get a factory sports exhaust is to buy the power kit [ 450 bhp x50 kit ].I think i mentioned a while ago, when i was thinking of buying a turbo,that i had test driven one, and that i didnt think it was much quicker than my C2.Well i am here to tell you that i could not have been further from the truth.I can only put that statement down to not spending much time on the test drive.The performance of the TT is absolutely incredible.When driven hard it accelerates like the Starship Enterprise,with the fantastic feeling of being pushed into the back of the seat by a battering ram.It never ceases to impress me.And dont let anybody tell you that,the x or y is faster, because they are just not.Ive driven them all,and this is the one.For a standard car its about as good as it gets.Next time round,997 probably ,i will definately spec the x50 power kit.That must be awesome indeed.Hope you are well,and that next season you can go one step further. Regards, SIMON. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4291

What is the definitive answer on sports exhausts for a MKII GT3 - I still recollect the Daz's C4S which sounded fabulous. I want more noise !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135864

GT3's don't come with the sports exhaust. AFAIK

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135901

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 25 April 2007

But are the mufflers on a GT3 the same as on other non-turbo's?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135907

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 25 April 2007

But what about Track days ? db levels ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135909

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 25 April 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 25 April 2007GT3's don't come with the sports exhaust. AFAIK
But what about Track days ? db levels ?[/i:bXmkeZP9Hg]
Never a problem, apart from one dodgy reading at oulton

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135919

Do you have a sports exhaust on the red beast ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135920

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back