Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993C4S - rare as rocking horse sh*t?

Pixelation

Monza
oh why can't I find a RHD one in blue with a grey interior for sale in the UK???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3875

I would respectfully suggest you buy on condition not colour.

That said, i think the C4S was produced in reasonably low numbers.

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3876

Point taken but I just prefer the blue metallics over any other colours. If I'm spending up to £40k on a car, it just has to be right?? I'm tempted by a 993 C2 in my local dealer but I know I'd be settling for something less. Also does the 4 have the traction advantage over a 2 - currently drive a WRX which sticks like the proverbial to a blanket - does the C4 have the same???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3877

Without having driven either (!), from what I understand, the C4 has plenty of grip! Many argue that the C2 has enough grip already to make the C4 unnecessary, but in inclement weather the C4 has a definite advantage. A bit more understeer but loads of grip. Whether you can take quite as many liberties in a C4S as a WRX (which, a friend of mine demonstrated to me recently in his, is almost impossible to upset) I dout, after all it still had the engine over the rear wheels etc etc, but in anyone's book I think it classifies as a "grippy" car!

Re colour, I have to admit to never having spent £40 on a car, or even to have looked to spend that much, but my budget stretches to about £30k and I would buy the right car in just about any colour - i reckon you get to like any colour after a while (I used to hate white but actually quite like it now). The reason being that the wrong 911, even a 993, will cost you big bucks and that would break my heart (and wallet) more than a less-than-ideal colour.

But we are all different.

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3878

Agreed - I saw a white C2S and discounted it straight away as it had a black interior (too hot in a Spainish summer even with A/C). However after a further cursory glance it was lovely but not a 4S so I let go. Guess I'm just too fussy when it comes to cars?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3880

The thing is that if we had more choice over colour etc then we would be complaining there was one on every corner! It is a dilema isn't it! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3882

Saw a nice one at Hendon Way Motors but it's now gone. My search continues!

PS - Thanks for the prompt replies!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3885

Hi there

I can help somewhat having gone from a WRX STi to a C4 993 and have to say, both felt great. Other than the more pronounced understeer in the WRX, the C4 was a nicer car. I missed the turbo rush and still do, but handling of them both was excellent, the Porker a cut above the WRX as it didn't rattle when you cornered hard! Therefore, go with a 4 and you'll not have any issues, but do get the four wheel alignment done on purchase - it made a fair bit of difference to mine. I'm now in a Targa, and I miss the 4WD feeling I have to say...

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4013

Having driven both (C2/C4), I went on to purchase a C4 for peace of mind as I had come from an Audi S2 with grip and understeer in abundance.

Only criticism I've read of C4/2S models (which I haven't driven) is that they lack some of the agility of their slimmer cousins, a sacrifice for the wider aggressive look.

Try before you buy and take whatever feels best! I was holding out for met. black and got one by chance but would have taken any dark colour in the right condition.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4016

Pixelation

Hold out & find yourself a C4s In Blue. I have owned mine since November 02. (not without problems though-see C4s buyers beware) My car is all sorted now & brings me great joy every time I see, sit in drive & think about it. The very rarity of the 993 C4s means that it is also a very sensible purchace - last of the air cooled varioram cars with the looks chassis & Brakes of a Turbo4. These cars do not depreciate & if you stick to your guns you will find what you are looking for. My car is ocean blue with a black interior. Origanly I like you wanted a light grey interior but when I was buying I had a choice of 2 both ocean blue but one with black leather & one with the grey. The grey interior detracts in my humble opinion some of the agreesive looks that are so the 993 C4s.

My only other tip is when you find one be prpared to drop everything & go see it ready to do a deal if everything checks out because there will be a list of people behind you wanting the same.

Good luck in your search

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4017

Thanks for all your messages & tips. I'm currently selling my WRX and my custom Karmann Ghia to make way for the Porker. Once I get interest in my current cars I'll start to look a little harder and Miffy - I'll be hanging on for the C4S in Blue with a grey interior for sure!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4031

Their are C4S out their, I got an ocean blue one with 22K Miles and full OPC history for good money, I saw an Iris Blue one on the official Porsche Websites a few weeks ago, this would appeal for the 12 Month Porsche warranty,

I was a bit broader on colour and ideally wont'd black with black leather but the blue with grey has been fine.

Good luck with your hunting

Alex

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4033

the is one at spiecalists car's of malton. I saw it 2 days a go

good luck

Clive

tel number 07000-911993

say hello from me

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4519

Shirleys have one

1997 Porsche 911 (993) Carrera 4 'S' Coupe Six SpeedRare 4 'S' version, finished in Midnight Blue with Classic Grey Leather Interior. Fitted with Full Electric Seats, Sun Roof, Air Conditioning with Climate Control, Trip Computer, 3rd Brakelight, 18" Turbo Alloys with "Big Reds", CD Stacker System with Speaker Pack etc. Only 33,000 miles with Full History . . . £39,995

http://www.shirleys-garage.co.uk/Cars%20For%20Sale.htm

hope this helps

Jim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4520

Looks really cool. I think Midnight is better than ocean blue but could not find one when looking.

Would reach for the telphone first thing if I was looking 33,000 is good as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4521

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back