Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aircon

nelson

HI

Can anybody help? The aircon on my 993s (97) is affected by the speed of my car when accelerating, anybody know why?

Cheer :roll:
s

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3715

Nelson

Can you elaborate - do you mean, for example (as my car does this) that when you speed up you get a lot of cold air coming through the vents? I get this, which means the temp regulation is not that good. Otherwise, perhaps you can elaborate for us? Ta

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3741

Might be stating the obvious here but the aircon compressor is attached to the main fan which is in turn driven by the crankshaft therefore the quicker the engine is turning the quicker the aircon compressor is turning = colder air at higher revs. This is the story with all older Porkers, the aircon is not the most sophisticated system known to man ! Moral of the story is if you want cold air you need to rev the damn thing !

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3745

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back