Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sticky accelerator pedal?

colintinto

Trainee
Hi All,

Just picked up a 1997 993 Turbo recently (see owners cars for pics), and have been out in it a few times, although mostly round town so far.

The accelerator pedal seems a bit strange. I've not driven any 911's before, so the floor hinging pedal is new to me, but it feels like there is quite a bit of resistance to get the pedal moving, but then once it's moving it's very sensitive.

This can lead to a bit of kangarooing (?!) in town if you hit a bump, or sometimes pulling away from the lights you end up with more revs than necessary.

I experimented with putting my whole foot flat on the pedal, and that seems to work a little better, as your toes are then at the top of the lever and it doesn't seem so bad.

Are they all like that, or am I just driving it the wrong way?

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3595

I have a similar problem in a different field of human endeavour and find that KY jelly works a treat!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5784

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back