Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new 993

poon

Went too see and bought my new 993 yesterday!

London to Edinburgh and back in 12 hours!

Was still smiling in my sleep last night, will post a full report and piccys later today, couldn't wait to post this. Work beckons :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3204

Hooray! Quick purchase. We wait the full report with baited breath....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3205

Green with envy. And thats before I've seen the pics...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3212

Not as far as my Germany to Glasgow via Euro Tunnel but well done :)

Look forward to seeing the 993 on the forum.

His

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3220

Okay,

Got home from work early, rushed out to wash the car, just finished and it p*ssed down, couldn't get any decent pics in the light, been out for a blast tonight, still smiling.

I have emailed a pic that the seller sent me to Phil so he can put it on this post. Should satisfy your hunger for a while.

More to follow when the sun shines plus a rundown of the buying experience and car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3223

What can I say, she's a babe:

poon_1.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3227

WOW , WOW and Thrice WOW

She's an absolute Stunner.....enjoy, you lucky,lucky man

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3230

Nice, looks like someone's been using Zymol! :lol:

What size are the wheels, they look massive!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3232

Thanks for your comments guys,

Here goes,

Saw the car on a website and spoke to the owner about a month ago, initially discounted it as I thought I wanted a 2S, then decided that paying over £35k for a 993 was not the best financial idea in terms of depreciation. Also I secretly hanker after a 3.8litre conversion and JZ Machtech are bringing the price down to appprox £7k, so this sub £30k purchase leaves a budget for this.

So sold my car and then rang the owner up again, thankfully he still had it! Arranged for a flight and then had to wait an agonising week and a half, luckily he waited for me (said he would) as he had 8 others interested parties waiting in line. Luckily I had seen it before it appeared in the magazines.

Left London 8.30 Monday, flight left Luton at 12noon (late), arrived at 1.15pm. The owner Derek picked me up at the airport in the car and drove me to Brian Miller Autos for the inspection. As I sat in the car I knew I was going to buy it, bar any major issues.

It was raining but the car looked fantastic, heaps of Zymol (the owner runs a part-time Valet company).

Once at Brians (very nice bloke) I started to learn about the car, as follows:
61000 miles
1995 chassis although registered in 1994.
Black with black leather kevlar backed sports seats (these are so nice).
Eibach lowered springs
Original RS aerokit (he gave me the original sales booklets showing all the techquipment).
RH Alurad 18 inch rims, virtually new Conti's all round.
5k miles from next service with Mobil 1.
Porsche sound kit (drilled airbox and chrome tipped exhausts (throatier).
Front air intake kit with spotlights (replaces fogs)
Recent respray down flanks and on bonnet, and new discs all round however fronts are non-Porsche, and the hubs get rust on the surface.

The car has had only 4 owners with Brian Miller being the third, he has serviced the car on every service except the first (OPC) and was responsible for the upgrades listed above. He took his daughter to church on her wedding day in the car, he has pics on his office wall of the car!

He only listed three faults: front wishbone bushes slightly worn (negotiated a small discount with the owner), and a couple of not so important elec faults. Otherwise car is mechanically sound.

The car is cleaner than most 97/98 or even earlier cars and I take my hat off to the owner, if your reading this Derek, thanks!

I paid a cecil under £30gees and he threw in the original rear spoiler and fogs.

All in all well happy with the purchase and only the next 12 months will tell whether or not a private purchase was wise.

Can't wait to give it the Zymol, have been reading a forum thread on Zymol site regarding using Zymol on wheels and will be doing this at the weekend.

More pics then! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3235

Very nice. Looks mean! You must be VERY excited.

(Of course, yet another purchase without an inspection. You guys are suckers for a good paint job - not that I am saying this isn't a great car. It is just that you can't be sure.)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3241

What a gorgeous stunning motor.

Mmm, if I sell the 3.2, family car, Mini, wifes car.....

... 993!!

You'v all gotta stop buying these cars, it's really not doing me any good!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3247

James,

It was inspected, Brian Milller autos.

I would never buy without a PPI.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3249

Sorry Poon. I got carried away with the PPI chant. :oops:

I think I'll shut up about PPIs from now on. I think it must be winding everyone up by now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3252

first class & big tasty !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3253

What a stunning car. I can't think of anything else to say!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3256

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back