Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993RS

pokemon

Silverstone
Finally got my RS. Exhausted but exhilerated at the same time driving almost non-stop back home.

Here is a pic (you may have seen it on the web).

His

IMAGE0032.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2831

Now that's my kind of 911. Absolutely bad-ass!!!

Did you import it personnally? I didn't think there were still savings to be had importing the RS's?

I am very, very jealous. Congratulations.

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2832

Simply stunning, you lucky lucky boy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2836

Pokemon,

Nice car! :twisted:
Superb in Red.

Hope you are gonna use it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2842

The car is a personal import from Germany. Looked it up on mobile.de and contacted the seller who is a very nice guy. It was much easier than I thought but this was because the owner was very organised and found out about the Insurance on the continent as well as organising the export plates.

Initially I looked to the continent because it WAS cheaper until the Pound slumped hence my car was 10% more expensive but I bought it in Germany because I did not want to pay a premium for a RHD (AutoClassica sells a similar car for £62000), I have been told that ergonomically LHD is superior and also if I ever come to sell it then it will be for a wider market ncluding Japan. The German owner kept it in a top condition despite taking it to the tracks so when I saw it on the first trip I had set my mind on it. So for all these reasons I bought the car in the continent.

His

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2845

His, Sounds like the process was pretty easy. You are going to have some fun that car!

One thing to note though is that cars in Japan are RHD, although there is no doubt that a LHD car has a wider market given most of Europe is LHD!

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2853

James, you're right about Japan being RHD but when you are looking at the ownership of high performance & luxury cars over there, for some reason they see left hand drive cars as something a bit special & so they prefer LHD to RHD.

Confused???

Me too

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2855

Now you mention it, that does ring a bell. My wife used to work for Jaguar, covering Japan, and I seem to remember her mentioning something about that. Very odd!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2856

His,

Very nice and a rare sight on the British roads - nice one!Are you going to give it a run on track or use it purely as a road car?

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2876

Very nice, I bet you cant wait to take it on the track.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2931

Now that is a bad ass car!!

Schweet!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2937

Thanks guys,

Was having my _ss kissed by the sun abroad and just got back. I will take it to the tracks once I get enough confidence with the car. Yeah, it is odd that the Japanese want a LHD. They see it as a status symbol having a LHD imported car like Merc, BMW, Porsche and I guess it also keeps the price down as RHD cars attract a premium due to the smaller volume being produced for cars like Porsche. I saw a dealer trying to make several thousand pounds by advertising a car he did not have but advertised in a German website so my car is worth a bit of money over there. Obviously he was going to import it and sell it on for a tidy profit. If I'm sacked I should think about this line of business :wink:

His

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3014

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back