Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel balance/alignment

johnny

Monza
Guys

I have been looking at getting my wheels aligned and balanced owing to signs of ware on the rears on the outer edge. Additionally and most concerning is vibration between 60 -70 mph. I had a similar problem on my BMW that could not be sorted.

On searching the net for an answer I came across this outfit
http://www.pro-align.co.uk/index1.html
who offer an new product ( Hunter GSP9700- first of its kind in the UK - they tell me. They are keen to get people to try it a some of their dealers and take part in press releases.

So take a look if you think you need any balancing or tyre work doing in the near future.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2439

If I were you (and I have no idea what car you are driving as you don't say , I assume it's a Porker) I would take it to a proven Porsche alignment expert preferably with track experience such as Autofarm or JZ Mactech

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2440

996 c4 tip bones, your right as far as the alignment but this vibration balance is different I think

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2441

Have you let your car stand over winter without moving it ? Flat spots result .
Can you remember hitting a pothole recently .
The balance weights are only glued on , perhaps you have lost some weights , it has happened to me .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2442

Thanks bones - I have recently bought the car but it has only covered about 500 miles the last six months - the wheel weights are only glued onto the turbo alloys. I think the ware on the rear tyre edge is a different issue to that of the vibration in the foot well and steering wheel between 60-70

As a point of interest I found that Tyres Northampton who are going to trialing this new balancing machine
www.gsp9700.com
are listed on a contacts list from another porsche bloke
http://www.titanic.co.uk/Contacts/ContactList.htm

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2443

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back