Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 TURBO SPORTS EXHAUSTS.

SIMON H

Hi Porsche people,

I see from the options list that there is no sports exhaust for the TT.Can you make the turbo sound like the carrera 2 with sports exhausts?I am debating about ordering a turbo but it must sound like my C2.I know that sounds a bit silly, but for me one of the most pleasurable experiences with this car is the noise.Can you buy an after market exhaust system that would not affect the warranty?Regards, SIMON.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2048

Simon why the tt? Surely the C2 is quicker and safer than almost anything else on the roads?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2059

Join the C4S club! Same as a turbo minus the actual turbo and u can get a sports exhaust.(not to mention saving yourself £20k in the process)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2060

no way lads...get the turbo. dont be half arsed about it, if your going to get the best ie, porsche..get the best porsche..lol

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2064

:eek:
major insult 2 all the ''lowlier'' 911 owners! If ure gonna look at it like tht get a GT2! Or an rs of some type

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2067

Cosmo driven the black turbo at merlin yet? Turbo is far far too much car for me, 4200 revs in j-lo makes me laugh, the turbo would be like doing warp 9 in the starship enterprise and i'm no kirk!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2068

Captain Kirk,this is lieutenant carrera, i mean uhura [ or whatever her name was ].Good question that Carl, why the TT?I think it could be like everything else in life,you always seem to want something else, whatever you have got.I think the TT is perceived as one of the ultimate cars available because of its all round abilities as well as its awesome speed, so i think i have been lured towards it like something out of star trek.When i am in the C2 i think to myself that this car is the dogs doo daas, again for its exceptional performance, noise and style.So is the TT worth the extra 25- 30k? I think this might be in our own minds, that we are striving towards owning what we think other people perceive to be perhaps the ultimate Porsche.Flippin hec, i am ranting on tonight, its been a long day.What i am trying to say is that i think i want a TT, but in reality because the carrera 2 is such a good car, i bet i will always be as happy with this car as i would a TT.There, ive just saved myself a load of cash.Dont read the last paragraph when you are drunk as i cant make sense of it and ive just written it.I think i will quit while i am ahead.Regards, SIMON.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2076

i paid a deposit on a black turbo at Merlins, its not the one they have in the shop. The one they are getting in for me on Monday has got everything the one in the dealers has, plus the pcm as well. That aero kit just gives me a stiffy everytime, lol

I'll be taking full ownership of it on the 17th of this month if i like it :D

now...i wonder what its going to feel like to drive...LMAO

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2081

Old forum user Unidentified(4266) wrote:

Simon

IMHO the turbo is the dogs ....... also. I think it is what many Porsche owners really want but most are usually very happy with whatever they drive. Lots of people would be ecstatic to own any Porsche.Not wanting to be too controversial here but I think a carrera is 90% of the turbo experience at 70% the cost and a boxster (S) is 90% of the carrera also at 70% the cost. Sounds like Porsche did their marketing to me! You pays your money and......... unless your that lucky sod Cosmo when you makes your choice and someone else pays the money!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2128

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back