Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

clutch judder

SIMON H

Hello Porsche people,

Has anyone experienced a slightly shaking juddering clutch on a new carrera 2, noticed especially when manouvering very slowly in reverse?.I would not normally bother about such a thing but the rest of the car is so damn good that i want the rest of it to be perfect.I recently had the opportunity to drive a brand new 996 turbo and the clutch was just perfection and was actually lighter than my own.Regards, SIMON.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1862

Simon thought I saw some info on this subject on the flat 6 forum a little while ago, will check and post link for you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1863

Simon, been on flat 6 and it was your link. I tried though. :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1891

Hi All,

Im effectively answering my own post here.I recently took the C2 to Stratstone Porsche to air my concerns over this clutch problem.I had given it as long as i could, to see if it would cure itself, but to no avail.The technician at Stratstones listened to my woes and then had a go himself, just round the carpark.He then took it round the back [ to the workshop i presume ] and then appeared at the service reception desk, where he said that indeed there was a problem with the clutch.PHEW! Someone agreed with me.We booked the car in for two weeks hence, when they would sort the problem. Well, today i picked the car up, and the difference is actually quite unbelievable.The judder is now non existant, fantastic,but what has surprised me the most is how light and smooth the operation of the clutch is.It has genuinely transformed how the car drives, especially going up through the gears.The moral here is, is that if you think that your car is not right somehow, then you should persist in finding someone that will listen to your concerns, and help you out. Strastone Porsche Of Wilmslow is indeed, in my case anyway, one such place,and i would like to say a massive thankyou to them for their help in this matter. THANKYOU. Whilst the car was in for this job, i got them to change the oil and filter.The car has only just done 2000 miles but i thought it best to change the oil after the running in period.Thanks for reading this post. Regards, SIMON.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2505

Simon, that's really useful. Thanks for posting your own answer! :)

I bought a two yr old carerra 2 about a fortnight ago, and the one slight problem is occasion clutch judder pulling away gently, or reversing. Had thought it was probably just a trait, but good to know it can and should be rectified. Luckily it has a years worth of warranty.

Other than that though, its an astonishingly good motor!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2542

Simon

Glad to hear you have sorted the problem.

Thanks for updating us - it is good to find out how these things work out.

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2680

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back