Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993C2 or 993Targa

maximus

I am considering buying a 993. I was just wondering whether there was a difference in performance or handling between a C2 and a C2Targa?

How reliable is the glass roof? Any pros/cons?

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1727

The Targa is a bit heavier and being based on the cabriolet is slightly less rigid. 0-60 peformance is basically the same though. Apparently the rooves tend to sqeak a bit but apart from that they are fine. A good comprimise if you fancy a bit of open-top (ish) motoring. Not the choice for the track though.

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1735

Thanks. I am not planning on track use, although you never know!

I just feel a hard top will be more reliable (long term leaks and operation).

Is this fair to say?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1758

IMore reliable than a cab? I would say so.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1760

I had a SSE cab and loved it, I now have a boxster s and love it! Its only going because baby on way and we need another seat. I pick up a beautiful 993 Targa next week!

Its simple really - do you want wind in your hair?

Ant

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1769

Hi Maximus,

I've had my 993 Targa 1997 for about a month. They are a little heavier than the C2's, but not enough to notice. The glass roof doesn't leak and the electrics are very reliable. Basically the main selling point of the glass roof is how cool it looks when you press the button and it slides back - the crowds love it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2013

Is the 993 targa available in manual transmission?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2016

Yes but theyre very rare

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2017

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back