Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

child seats help

miffy

I have just fulfilled a lifelong ambition and aquired my first Porsche a '98 993 C4S. I am in supercar heaven. However one of the features and benefits of 911 ownership that i used on my wife to get her to agree to this purchase was that it was a 4 seater and was quite suitable for putting kids in the back. I have a 14 month old lad who needs to be safely installed in the back for us to be able to enjoy the car as a family. I have tried the porsche prince child seat which fits perfectly in the back untill you put a child in it. It appears that the inertia seat belt in the back does not have enough length in it to accomidate the seat & child combined. Can any one suggest a solution to this problem ie. are there any other safe seats that will fit in the back of my car or is there a method of extending the length of the rear seat belt.

I look forward to any suggestions any one may have

Miffy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 838

Miffy. Another member (Philyy) of this website recently had seatbelts fitted to his Carrera 3. (I think). If you do a search for "seat belts" you should find his posts. He used a company called Quickfit SBS (not the tyre people!!!). I seem to remember 911 & Porsche World doing an article about them not so long ago. They came highly recommended and I am sure they could fit a longer lap belt for you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 839

Very happy with Quickfit - they did a very neat job of something much more complicated than just replacing a belt (4-point harnesses, additional bulkhead strengthening etc.)

They are in Stanmore, North London. If this is too far to travel then I would give them a call and see if they could supply the parts - just removing and replacing the bolts should be easy.

Their number is 020
8204 0200, website:
http://www.quickfitsbs.co.uk/qsbs/home.htm

Good luck.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 840

Dear Philly & James

Thanks very much for the info regarding quick fit in Stanmore. I will give them a go.

Thanks again

Migration info. Legacy thread was 841

Hi!

happy that you found a solution! A friend of mine had a baby seat in the back of it's 2s without any problem. I'll ask him for more details.

Congratulations for buying the best Porsche!!! :)

Happy new year to everybody!!

JP

Migration info. Legacy thread was 842

Thanks Toga

I would be very interested to know what your friends seat is and how he managed to get it to work.

I can't remove the smile from my face either :D

Happy New year to every one

Miffy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 843

Miffy ,

I just called my friend. He has a Römer King seat which is suitable for kids from 9 to 18 Kgs(*2.2 you'll get the Lbs). That seat fits in the back very easily. To have a good tension of the car seat belt, after passing the belt trough the baby seat he locks it in the right seat "receiver". The seat has its own seat belts to maintain the baby in correct position.

He told me also that this seat has exactly the same look as the Porsche one but was of course cheaper. So may be Porsche is using Römer as a subcontractor.

Hope it helps!

JP

Migration info. Legacy thread was 845

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back