Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

...and my previous 993!

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Oh well, everyone else is getting theirs out (so to speak). I really really really miss this car... :(

p186dgm.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 743

Why did you sell it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 747

REPLY ADMINISTRATOR

Migration info. Legacy thread was 749

Anyone heard of IR35?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 750

Ah. Some kind of tax on the self-employed.

What the 993 a lot more expensive than your Exige though?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 751

Yep, £49K from a main dealer, a few years back now. So yes, much more than the Exige! Totally different car in every respect.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 752

What is the Exige like? Is it as raw as it looks? Can you use it as an everyday car?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 753

Raw? Yes, though I had my tarted up with carpets & conair. I would use it every day if I had more than 2mm of tread on the rears and could be arsed to get it out the garage, which usually means shuffling cars around. It's very loud at any speed especially with no cat and a sports exhaust, but that's all part of the "experience"! I know of a couple of people who do use them as their daily car and love it. There's a great enthusiasts board at
http://www.exiges.com

Migration info. Legacy thread was 754

Exiges are a blast - I managed to 720 one at about 90mph, pretty scary stuff (alright it was going round Bedford Autodrome !) I was too chicken to really see how late you could brake and how early you could get the power back down - but when I did manage to get it to let go it went big style ! Phenomenal amounts of grip and cornering ability - I'd love to have another go.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 755

Picking mine up tomorrow, cant wait! Looking at all these lovely 993's isnt doing my patience any good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 756

Remind us of the details of your car - I have a memory like a seive! All I can remember are the wheels!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 757

Its a RHD grand prix white 993 Tiptronic S, 18" split rims, sports black leather interior, air con, computer, all electrics, sunroof etc and full supplying main dealer service history.

Ive not got a problem with white myself, colours come and go in fads, it will look good next to my RHD Ivory white 356A t2.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 758

It will be a nice collection of cars: a 356 and a 993. You must be excited for tomorrow. I am sure I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight! Like Christmas come early!

I don't think I have ever seen a 993 in white. Will you post us some pictures after you have picked it up. Maybe you could show us both your cars?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 759

I will be like a kid at christmas getting up at 6AM

Pictures wont be a problem Ive got to take pictures for the Insurance company tomorrow anyway. The 356 is undergoing restoration at the moment, so its not a pretty picture in its current state, but its getting there all the welding and bodywork is practically finished and it will be painted soon.

Ive owned a whole bunch of watercooled cars: 944, 924 turbo, 944 turbo and a 924 Carrera GT previously so this will be my first 911 making it even more special to me.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 760

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back