Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My previous 993

andyphilpott

Monza
As others out there are showing them off, this was my former 993 when I lived in Australia, and the car which regrettably had to be sold prior to my return to the UK. It was a C4, 1995 MY, had done 112,000kms (65,000mls), and now that I am back in blighty, showed me the difference between Aus spec (all fully loaded by default) and UK spec, as in they all had the 10 speaker stereo, all had cruise control etc. Anyhow, new one to come soon, but I miss this car badly....

Andy

ap_993_2.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 502

Very nice. I can understand why you must be gutted. What are you replacing it with? I am sure you have already said but I have forgotten!

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 506

Still TBD - just need to get some more money over from Oz, then start getting stuck in. Another 993, ideally Varioram, decent milage, decent nick, pref a C4... We'll wait and see

Migration info. Legacy thread was 507

You should have shipped it over, rhd an all, top motor and they look well in that colour, just what i want on my first 911 (964 tho)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 628

Lee, are you the same "Lee UK" on Pistonheads?

Looking at Cerberas :eek:
.....how could you? :wink:

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 692

It's interesting that a lot of people debate whether they should buy a Cerbera or a 911. Very different cars imo.

Cerbera: Extreme speed/power, reliability problems, engine rebuilds required at low mileages etc. Trendy image.

911: Acceptable speed (base version), outstanding build quality and reliability, image still slightly tainted by the 80's.

Common link: They both have seating for 4! (just)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 693

I have to admit that before I got serious about looking for a 911 I looked into getting a Cerbera. There is a very useful and busy email group on Yahoo (I think). I posted a few questions and read through the archives. It didn't take long before I realised that the cost of ownership, for me, was way too high. Great performance cars but just too unreliable. Wouldn't mind borrowing one for a weekend though :wink:

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 694

I was lucky enough to borrow one for a weekend! And what a time I had! Fantastic car - seriously seriously quick. Sounds great and looks the biz too. Steering was a bit twitchy for my liking but couldn't fault it in any other way.

Problem is, you definately need very deep pockets to run one. The guy who lent me his had to have the bottom end rebuilt at 40k inc new crank (ouch) He could have bought a reasonable SC for what it cost him for this alone....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 703

Was looking at the pic, where was the car when it was taken? Looks like a pink 964 rs in the background...........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 719

Isn't that the infamous "Rubystone" colour. "Interesting" isn't it!

Out of interest, what makes you think it is an RS? I can see aero wing mirrors. They weren't standard on an RS but may have been standard on a Clubsport? And it has a spoiler of some description.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 720

Yeh rubystone. I thought it was an rs because i saw 1 exactly like that on a website.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 721

Yeah. That rings a bell. Wasn't the a RHD one for sale in Hong Kong or somewhere like that with a spoiler on the back?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 722

Yeah thats right! On Formula Fuchs I think its still for sale.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 723

Unfortunately I think Rubystone might put quite a few buyers off. It is a pretty odd colour (I hope I haven't offended anyone!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 724

lol i wouldnt buy it, but there may be some eccentric soul out there who will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 725

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back