Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 991 Turbo Owner - Thoughts Thus Far

SJF_Turbo

Hi All,

so I brought 14reg 991 Turbo Cab with 21k on the clock which had two service stamps 1st at 7k another at 2nd 13k and OPC extended warranty. Unluckily I had puncture on one of the rear tyre's so had it recovered by Porsche recovery as I have center locking needed to go OPC (AA turned up now being asked if I want to join again 250 quid... for AA) both rears were changed and it had a health check which all checked out. 2k miles later noticed coolant was low kept topping up seemed fine/no warning lights and at rest did not lose but after a couple of drives would be low again. As my 6 year/3rd service/MOT was due and warranty was up on the 3rd March I took it in. Weirdly and perhaps luckily the morning took it in it sounded dog rough like a exhaust hole. Got a nice enough Pan 4S loan car (10 quid) luxury bit boring though. Turns out there was a coolant pipe with a slit in it causing leak and an air valve had come off causing the noise. Had front tyre change as these only just passed. Thought great get her back warranty picked those costs up and I'll pay the 1150 plus tyre and MOT. But they took it out and apparently the turbo over boosted causing an engine alert light to come on. So needed a new Turbo! Ordered it but next day they ordered the wrong side and now I'm told there is no turbo in the world available and I have to wait. Does that sound feasible...? I thought there would be spares readily available. Also I was told the plugs were not changed in the other 2 services or the polybelt. So I've had those changed as well, but you live and learn I assumed such things would be done at 4 yrs given it had warranty. As a new Porsche owner (previous Jag XKR 5.0) I'm not enjoying the ownership thus far - its starting to feel a bit of sega and peace of mind runs out tomorrow. Guess I'm dubious how a car at the OPC can go from Green health check within 2k of miles to a bit of a nightmare. Oh and a weird intermittent buzzing noise which they can't find anything on. I chose this over an Aston as I was told Porsche were more solid starting to change my mind on the brand.

SJF what a nightmare!
I bought my 2013 car from OPC with extended warranty, the car was due its 3rd service so they did it.
I currently have an active spoiler issue (on the drive home after picking it up) and also now an intermittent heater issue.
Stick with it, they are fantastic cars..Im sure any 5-6 year old car will have issues (My old GTRs had gearbox and Engine issues, AMGs have top end Engine problems) -I know its not much consolation

What's your active spoiler issue ?

It seems to me that you have a warranty and you need to use it. I think you need to go and have a word about the turbo though, there's got to be one somewhere. In the meantime, I'm guessing you're in another loaner?

MaxA said:
It seems to me that you have a warranty and you need to use it. I think you need to go and have a word about the turbo though, there's got to be one somewhere. In the meantime, I'm guessing you're in another loaner?

Yeah I have a loan but rather be driving mine. I have used the Warranty but it is out today, but told it should be good for faults found before. But nervous as was told the work done won't be covered or the parts afterwards - so I drive off and week later same problems occur and I'm not covered, seems off to me! Surely those parts are covered, I'll be having a big moan if reoccurrence of same issues, plus you know what it's like, often knock on effects when things get opened up.

Ratattak said:
What's your active spoiler issue ?

On the drive home from collecting the car, the first time we ahem crossed the 77 mph mark I got the warning Active Spoiler -moderate speed or something like that -both front and rear spoilers don't extend. However If I start the car and press the button then they manually deploy. Also if I start the car with spoilers already deployed (from the night before) then no warning appears. My local OPC had one go at fixing it and its now booked in again next week as they need to take the bumper off. They will also fix the heater issue (although it seems to be working again...)

So to give an update I'm waiting till the 16th for the turbo! I'm kinda ok cause I have a new pan 4S, but it's not turbo cab by any means. I've agreed a service cost and sparks plus front tyres and mot at my cost . The turbo, coolant pipe and air valve is being picked up by warranty. I've been offered 10% off service as they quoted pdcc which now has been confirmed, it does not have. Also if I take the warranty I get a free 111 check, had a bit of argument in that the consumer act stated repairs are covered for 30 days and some dependancy on wear and tear. But a car at 22k is not going to hold up in court well for courts. Warrant repairs should last 30 days imo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back