Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fixed price servicing (991)

Now ill admit im in new territory here! All my previous Porsche purchases were carefully planned to not require any servicing (normally sold on within a 2 year period) however Herman yellows a longer term keeper and the time is close for his 2 year service (3rd service from new). (6 year) No plugs required.

Im still eagerly awaiting Porsche Leeds return call for a price, its been a week now, but I suspect they arent interested in the business :roll: :dont know:
(They were promoting the aforementioned fixed price servicing).

I've no interest in Indie servicing, it has to be OPC and clearly im going to get my pants pulled down and spanked, its just who spanks the lightest. Is there a list anywhere of OPC's who carry out fixed price servicing on a 991 :dont know: I cant find it if there is, I believe Wilmslow did at one point? I actually have a contact at Wilmslow who answers the phone and returns calls (a novel idea).

Leeds didn't want my business either. I recently tried Bolton, Kendal, Preston, Sheffield and Teesside for 4 new tyres and Preston were the most competitive. Communication was good too. However, I haven't had the tyres done yet, so can't comment on their work.

A lad called Scott dealt with my enquiry: [email protected]

As regards fixed pricing, the cost I've got for the 6 year service on a >15 plate GTS is £1095 inc VAT and those prices were correct at 31st Dec 2019. That might give you some guidance.

I know what you mean, though mine's not due its next service for a while, when browsing prices I've noticed display of these so called "fixed price servicing" costs a bit, well, not there. If prices are fixed, why not show them?

My 991.1 C4S is a similar age. I have recently had the service completed by one of my local OPC's. To be fair they were all good with quotes and all seemed engaged. There is a link on the Porsche website around fixed servicing and whats included. Its worth calling around as price does vary between main dealers as some or franchised, just check its a like for like quote as some garages add items on later and thats why a quote sounds better but in the end its not - brake fluid change for example. There is a standard list of items, that I was quoted on, see below. Its worth also noting you get a reasonable discount if you are a Porsche GB owners club member.

Service items at our cars age are:

Engine oil
Engine Oil Filter
Odour-Allergen Filter
Brake Fluid Change
Air Filters
V Belt - Drive Belt
Filter
AWD Transmission Oil

This will cost you the best part of £1k, broken down roughly as:

Service ( engine oil, filters, cabin filter) - £573
Brake Fluid change - £110
AWD service ( Oil change, Drive Belts ) - £356

Good luck
Jungle

Last time I had a Porsche serviced at Wilmslow they let me provide my own oil so I wasn't paying +£18/litre :bandit:

I am not sure what Porsche have done with their fixed servicing. The price lists only lasted until the end of each year but I have not seen one published this year and their fixed pricing web page has disappeared.......guess they may have dropped it all together.

Worth asking your OPC about it though and asking them to price match an indie if not.

Downloaded this from OPC Reading I think

Attachments

• 911_type_991_170.pdf
    291.4 KB · Views: 407
Fixed price servicing

I have a 991.1S which needed an 8 year service (the big one).

I normally use Guildford OPC, but they wanted £1200.

I found the fixed price servicing garage list on the Porsche website (it has currently been removed) and ended up using Swindon and the cost was £675 for service, plugs, brake fluid, the lot! I feel this was good value.

I cant recall which garages offered it in your neck of the woods, but just ring round or email them. I find most of the garages will provide a quote in 24 hours.

Reading and Guildford are part of the UK retail group and don't offer FPS.

In my neck of the woods it was Swindow or Mid Sussex.

MJA911 said:
Downloaded this from OPC Reading I think

:thumb: Doesnt make much sense that the 8 year (with spark plugs) is 210 quid cheaper than the 6 year (without spark plugs) :dont know:

Presumably - replace drive belt, air filter cartridges and PDCC tank bump it up :dont know:

Yeah, that would be it, for example, air filters aren't the simple job you might imagine, I think it needs rear bumper off. Somehow most of the services end up being a biggie.

991.2GTS said:
Leeds didn't want my business either. I recently tried Bolton, Kendal, Preston, Sheffield and Teesside for 4 new tyres and Preston were the most competitive. Communication was good too. However, I haven't had the tyres done yet, so can't comment on their work.

A lad called Scott dealt with my enquiry: [email protected]

As regards fixed pricing, the cost I've got for the 6 year service on a >15 plate GTS is £1095 inc VAT and those prices were correct at 31st Dec 2019. That might give you some guidance.

:thumbs: I'll try Preston first I think...

I always play Bolton and Chester off against each other, Chester normally undercuts Bolton.....ie I tell them what Bolton has quoted (after knocking off a little :wink: ) and they will beat that to get the work.....Preston is now in the mix as well for me.......

Last time (4 years service on a 981) it went something like (can;t remember exact prices)....

Bolton ' that will be £1086 incl VAT and brake fluid change"
Me 'thanks I'll get back to you"
Chester" that will be £1190 incl VAT and brake fluid change"
Me 'Ah, Bolton will do it for £1,028"
Chester 'we'll do it for £950"
Me 'OK"

It really is that easy :roll:

jonttt said:
I always play Bolton and Chester off against each other, Chester normally undercuts Bolton.....ie I tell them what Bolton has quoted (after knocking off a little :wink: ) and they will beat that to get the work.....Preston is now in the mix as well for me.......

Last time (4 years service on a 981) it went something like (can;t remember exact prices)....

Bolton ' that will be £1086 incl VAT and brake fluid change"
Me 'thanks I'll get back to you"
Chester" that will be £1190 incl VAT and brake fluid change"
Me 'Ah, Bolton will do it for £1,028"
Chester 'we'll do it for £950"
Me 'OK"

It really is that easy :roll:

I can't wait to phone Wilmslow

'That will be £1326 inc VAT + £234 for the brake fluid change :grin: I might actually get the brake fluid done for 39 quid at Halfords autocentre :grin:

So to confirm all the OPC's now moved to fixed priced servicing (on the 991 anyway with (nearly) all quoting £1050.00 including VAT for a 991 6 year (intermediate) service including (in my case) V belt, air filters, brake fluid and PDCC reservoir change.

Following exceptions:

Porsche Wilmslow £1270.31 (Including Alderly Edge tax 💪🏻)
Porsche Solihull £945.00 (10% discount on asking)

The 10% seems easy enough without too much effort or club membership required.

Only OPC not to reply? Leeds :dont know:

Mate, I think you got off lightly being up norf, the Solihull price is amazing! I've just had quotes for the same (except PDCC Res):

Porsche Reading £1,302
Porsche Brooklands £1,173

Clearly both including south tax. Neither would offer any further discount, despite me being a paid up member of PCGB... "sorry sir, no discount on service items"

:duh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back