Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 vs 991.2 4GTS prices

Rhodris-dad

Imola
Just browsing through OPC prices for the aforementioned 4 GTSs.

I was astonished to find................

a couple of 2017 coupes with 16k miles and 24k both at £79,991

a 2015 coupe (with aerokit) 18k miles at £80,000

and a 2015 cab with 16k at £83,400

No game changing spec differences, besides aerokit and cab ( I always thought these were a matter of choice only adding small value to the same year cars)

:dont know: :dont know: :dont know:

Is this the normally aspirated "factor" at work?

I must admit, in my man maths calculations, there was a glimmer of hope that when buying my car, I thought the "last of the N/A engines would have good residuals, but not to the extent of being more valuable than a 991.2.

Have I missed some factor that would make a 2 year less powerful older car more expensive

:?

Is it the fact that they may have built more 991.2 GTSs :?:

If Mark Pearce is out there, he might be able to throw some light on the matter :thumb:

Circa 60 991.2 GTS (both 2/4) for sale on PH classifieds. Only roughly half of that number for 991.1.

Plus, I've no doubt the NA engine makes a difference.

Were all the cars the same transmission?

The car market over 80k is in a bit of a mess... too much stock of everything and not enough buyers. Its the same for all premium sports car brands. That is pushing newer cars down to that level quicker than owners might hope or expect, but once there they seem to hold their value better. Independents dont want cars worth more than 50k on their books currently as they aren't shifting.

Its an 'enthusiasts' market and they tend to want manual and N/A.

The rest of the world now want hybrid SUV's!

:dont know:

Its all in the sound & no turbos to fail,
plus 3.0 litres is run of the mill doesn't do it as special as 3.8.
I know they're fast n that but I would want a 15 plate GTS

Hamster75 said:

The 'na" crew have been saying it for a while :grin: Finally it's official :floor:

spongebob squarepants said:
Hamster75 said:

The 'na" crew have been saying it for a while :grin: Finally it's official :floor:

:D :D :D

991.2GTS said:
Circa 60 991.2 GTS (both 2/4) for sale on PH classifieds. Only roughly half of that number for 991.1.

Plus, I've no doubt the NA engine makes a difference.

Were all the cars the same transmission?

Yeah ..all PDK.

Just thought I might be looking at it with 991.1 tinted specs :floor:

Will the 997.2 GTSs (even less numbers) become top of the pile :?:

spongebob squarepants said:
Hamster75 said:

I am going to lock my smugness in the safe.............as these things never usually work out for me :floor:

I guess lots of 991.2 GTS's are coming up to three years old now and people are probably jumping out to 992's or going elsewhere. So the market is perhaps a bit flooded. I certainly took a roasting on mine Vs my C4s. :eek:

In comparison if you still have a 991.1 GTS then you've already ridden out the temptation to get a later variant in resisting the 991.2 Plus you are unlikely to be changing it on a time based cycle ... or tempted by a 992 given its also a 3.0TT! So there are less about.

There are 'better' 3.0TT 911's available that the 991.2 (i.e. 992 - more power, better MMI, more comfort). But 991.1 remains the best NA option.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back