Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

EXTRAS - yes or no!

ibetiwin

Hi all

Looking for some stern advice.

I am 2 weeks from lock down for a new 992 C2 and have question marks on 3 extras from my point of view and for resale purposes.

14 way or 18 way seats? (I currently have the 18 way seats specced but are they necessary?)

PASM 10mm (Not specced but have heard this is one of the most important extras?!)

LED Matrix (Currently specced but are they really worth it as LEDs come as standard? What are the £699 ones in between like?)

Your help is much appreciated.

Best

I've had a 992 C4S and have another coming in March.

14 way seats are more than enough IMO - I've had them and ordered again.

I had and have gone for PDSL again at £700 - more than enough for sure.

PASM - I sold my car in 1 day without PASM! I had no issues over speed bumps and inclines and the car looked great IMO. I'd only spec if it were to be my track car only...

Hope that helps.

I honestly don't see any of them having any effect on resale personally - spec 'em if you want them but don't go expecting to get any of that spend back. As with most options - they will make it easier to sell but the effect on price isn't going to amount to much.

ibetiwin said:
Hi all

Looking for some stern advice.

I am 2 weeks from lock down for a new 992 C2 and have question marks on 3 extras from my point of view and for resale purposes.

14 way or 18 way seats? (I currently have the 18 way seats specced but are they necessary?)

PASM 10mm (Not specced but have heard this is one of the most important extras?!)

LED Matrix (Currently specced but are they really worth it as LEDs come as standard? What are the £699 ones in between like?)

Your help is much appreciated.

Best

The bog standard seats are fine. I wouldn't waste money on even the 14 way adjustable let alone the 18 way adjustable seats. You can adjust the bog standard seats to fit you exactly as you want.

PASM - I thought about it but the speed humps here caused me to think again and I've ho regrets about not opting for it.

LED Matrix - maybe if you expect to spend a lot of time driving at night but again having driven a decent amount of time at night I think the standard headlights are really good.

ibetiwin said:

Best

Hello, I also have a new C4S arriving in March after having quite a lot of 911s.

First the seats, standard ones are fine but there are some extra bits that only come with the 18 ways that are not obvious, (other than the extra moving parts). The seats will move back and the steering wheel will move out of the way as you get out of the car. Not a must have, but a really nice to have option that makes getting in and out of the car in a tight space really handy. Although now I think about it, that might also work on the 14ways??

10mm Sports PASM. So I wouldn't buy a 911 without lowered suspension. I have had both and not only does the car aesthetically look much better lowered, it also (in my opinion) feels better to drive. If you like driving, get the 10mm!

Matrix lights. Again, I have had all the various versions of LED lights and the matrix are the best. However, are they worth the extra compared to the LED plus version?? Probably not as the now standard LEDs are fantastic, (and the plus version follow the steering input). But, I think the matrix looks better, so I went for that. Only you can decide if its worth it to you.

Great build, I would add the Alcantara sun visors. It's an inexpensive add-on that is way better than the plastic that comes as standard. If you don't like Alcantara there is also a leather option.

Oh, one small thing. Again having had a car with PSP before, I would not under any circumstances recommend anyone getting it. It can be removed once the car arrives, but PSP is an utter waste of money, and really takes away a tiny bit of feel from the steering. Some people love it, but I would guess they are the same people who don't want 10mm lower suspension either.... It's a drivers car!

Good luck, the wait is the worst part....

Tom

Regarding seats, getting 14 or 18 way memory seats means you get auto dipping mirrors when reversing. One feature I wish I had on my car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back