Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S N/S Window Regulator - £20 delivered

squelch

Imola
Used Nearside (LHS) 996 Window Regulator - £20 posted.

I'm having a garage clear out and just found this. I bought it in haste quite some time ago but then didn't need it and they wouldn't let me return it.

I've not boxed it up and weighed it yet but depending on weight I think it'll cost around £7 or £14 for signed for delivery so I think £20 all in seems fair.

I bought it as used and working and have no reason to doubt that but please understand I have not tested it so you are taking a punt - I'm happy to refund anything over and above the postage cost if it turns out to be duff.

If anyone can use it just drop me a line. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_5685_min_214.jpg
    img_5685_min_214.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 966
  • img_5684_min_150.jpg
    img_5684_min_150.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 966
Considering it comes with the motor then that seems pretty cheap to me ..

Motors don't often fail but i've seen a few and they are normally sold on there own for more than this amount !

DeMort can I ask whether a window that is, or appears to be slow coming up or going down is likely to be a related to a motor problem ie will it need replacing?

Or could there be some other cause?

Pip

Pip1968 said:
DeMort can I ask whether a window that is, or appears to be slow coming up or going down is likely to be a related to a motor problem ie will it need replacing?

Or could there be some other cause?

Pip

The Motors are pretty solid and don't often give many problems .. i've only changed a handful over the years and none for a slow window operation .

Its possible though .

I would start with checking the adjustment .. you have the base adjusters to alter the windows position against the bodywork / seal ..

You also have the glass adjusters which position the glass front and back .

if previously worked on then it could be in the wrong position .

You then have the window runners .. the seals in these are probably old .. a PTFE based spray lubricant and run it down each runner seal with the window open .. this is probably the first thing for you to try ... use it liberally !

Last thing would be the window regulator itself .. this is probably top of the list of causes especially if you get any noises when using the window .

I don't suppose you are anywhere near Brighton ?

DeMort, thank you for the speedy response. I am not far from Brighton. My sister has a house in Rottingdean although she wants to go across the Atlantic in a dingy (I am being a somewhat facetious here) so is now in Spain.

I am abroad too at the moment but back in March April so may be in touch once back.

I will try the PTFE lubricant first.

Pip :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back