Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4 Cab, front left headlight, Litronices and wash repair?

slaav

Firstly, does anybody have the exact part number for one of these?

Secondly, I think I have finally given up and just need a new headlight. Condensation INSIDE the unit and leading to discolouring and also issues with indicator and intermittent fault that has bugged the car for ages.... or can these be refurbished?

Any ideas or pointers greatly appreciated. Will post similar on Pistonheads also.

Thanks in advance with everything crossed.....

Part no will depend on gen 1 or 2. A litronic light new is megabucks, so I'd start with breakers, ebay etc.

If you are having intermittent faults with indicators etc I would check the wiring connection in the wing, and that all the pins are clean and not bent.

You can refurbish the outside by sanding back the finish and polishing. Not sure how to get inside, other than heat up and pull the glue apart. You may be able to gain access to the inside from the back if you remove the bulbs etc.

As said it depends which generation of headlight you are talking about? It always helps to put your car in your profile.

You can get the internals out of the unit and if you are getting condensation inside it must not be correctly sealed. Check that everything is secure at the rear, dry the light out indoors or a day or two.

Wiring issues will probably be causing the faults, the plug can get bent or move slightly so make all your connectors are clean behind the headlight and that the plug is pushed fully home. You can also get broken wires inside the headlight that can cause intermittent faults.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back