Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nokia Amp reset

Moko

Nurburgring
I'm still trying to sort out the quiet volume for the front left dashboard speaker and google threw up a thread where it was suggested that 'Reseting' the Nokia amplifier in the trunk would reset the correct volume levels.

However after a lot of searching I can't find any instructions on how to reset the Nokia amp.....does anyone here know how to do it?

Thanks as always for any advice links etc.

David

Ps It's not a disconnected lead to speaker as it does have some volume...just not very much

Have you swapped the physical speakers over to ensure its not a broken resistor on the speaker itself?

The amp doesnt have any way to reset, its just a standard >signal in>>gain up>>signal out job.

Yes tried that both speakers work fine when in Right side just play really quietly when in Left side of dashboard....hence it's not a connection that's broken.

If you've proved the speaker is ok by swapping them you now need to start doing that with the rest of the system.
My next step would be to identify the correct speaker wires coming out of the amp and effectively swap left for right with them.
You may need to cut and rejoin the wires or you may be able to swap them over in the by removing them from the connector block.
This would test the wiring from amp to dash.
Then keep working backwards and methodically until you transfer the problem from one side to the other.

You could start at the head unit and work forwards, it's entirely up to you.

That's all good advice if No sound was coming out of the left speaker which would indicate a brake or connection that's not fitted correctly....but there is sound coming out just not very much so the connections are fine.

Apparently the Nokia amp has settings for each individual speaker level and crossovers built into it and it's this that needs resetting or adjusting.

Moko, can you post a link to where you found out about the Nokia amp? I've had mine apart and theres no adjustment in there. The crossovers live in the speakers themselves (and are a simple resistor on the cardboard speakers!).

Edit: link to the wiring diagram of the amp - level controls would only be available at the headunit or the DSP if installed (although I dont think they had this capability).
amp.png.6a2b8b429b70fdcaecc457291c82b288.png

As Far as i'm aware a reset is simply unplugging the amp and leaving it unplugged for 30 mins to totally power down .. there is nothing on a tester as an option to do this .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back