Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo - the best one FS

lofi

Barcelona
Hi All,

After many trips and meets and general never ending fun over the last 7 years it is time to move on from the Green Meanie.

She can be found for sale here http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=9513 and I am of course available both to answer any questions and adjudicate over a bidding war.

Good luck everyone.

Piers

Free coffee

Naughty little bump

Make me an offer - you may be surprised

Come and view - I'll make you a decent coffee

Another little bump as the market is a bit dead

As you say it's just a bad time of year Lofi.

I'm sure interest will pick up by spring. Lovely colour. Makes a nice change. 8)

Yeah

To quote Tom at 911V:

Should have sold. Illustration of the state of the market I'm afraid.

A real shame you are selling Piers but at least you bought into a Turbo when they were reasonably priced.

Your car is stunning and will find a good home :thumbs:

kas750 said:
A real shame you are selling Piers but at least you bought into a Turbo when they were reasonably priced.

Your car is stunning and will find a good home :thumbs:

Thanks Bud - I hope it does, I'm impatient when I start looking around at something different. Not done that for the last 7 years. Will be a great car for someone and certainly one of the few cars that's very unlikely to depreciate

Turbo now sold. Anyone that wants it it is now at Ashgood

Its a shame you didn't put it up at a sensible price on here in the first place, as it would of been sold and you gotten a better deal!
:dont know:

It's interesting, but perhaps not surprising, that the car was advertised privately for over a month before being traded in but then sold within a couple of days at a dealer.

The original private asking price was a bit ambitious but whether it was that or the fact that most buyers want the 'safety' of buying from a dealer ... :dont know:

T8 said:
most buyers want the 'safety' of buying from a dealer ... :dont know:

And finance :dont know:

Also bigger audience with a dealer :dont know:

99% of people on here already own a Porker :dont know:

I think the OP tried his best to shift it, he can ask what he wants for it too, buyer's job to negotiate a lower price :judge:

Hope the new owner turns up on here :thumb:

Most would rather buy from a private individual (at this price range) as you can speak direct to the owner and establish the kind of keeper he was, which you would only get BS and unknown answers from a dealer for a car of this age.

He had the car up for £35K on here and now obviously sold to a dealer at no more than £26K!!!! :roll:

My son is after a good 96T and would of given him around the £30K all day long if he had come clean to other 'fellow car enthusiast' on here!
:dont know:

Given what was posted by the seller I'm surprised your son didn't at least make a call.

lofi said:
Another little bump as the market is a bit dead

I'd argue that 'most' wouldn't rather buy a £30k+ car privately but I'd certainly agree that's where the best deals can be done.

T8 - He choose not to call as the £35k was out of 'his budget' and understands that, and would not want to waste the sellers time..
However had the seller been more kind (and realistic) to his fellow 911 enthusiast as he had shown to a dealer, and maybe not kick £9K(maybe) off his marker, but list for at least around £30/£32k, then I am certain he would of gotten far more interest and non time wasting interest as well...

Also no offence to anyone, but £30K in current times is not exactly 'high end' stuff anymore when looking at decent performance cars, and is generally where the bigger market is for private sellers..
I would say north of £45k would be going more into dealer territory.. (IME)

*as a note - we're not p1ssing on the thread as the car is now gone, but just carrying on a fair and frank discussion of an observation of the sale :thumbs:

The below response was in agreement with T8's comments.

:yeah:

Unfortunately your son just learned that if you don't ask you don't get. No point whinging at the seller now. :hand:
A simple message saying 'I'm not trying to bid you in the bollocks, but if it doesn't sell I have £30k here" may have got your son the car.

And yeah most buyers want an enthusiast owned car but you have much more come back with a dealer should things go pear-shaped, which they sometimes do, even if no fault of the seller.

Ultimately that, along with the finance, usually wins vs buying privately.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back