Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cigarette "socket"

OutofOffice

Hi. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the cigarette lighter socket on the 996 is a bit bigger than normal and that some chargers for the cigarette socket won't fit properly. I just want to get a USB charger that fits Ok. Am I remembering right, and if so can anyone recommend a USB charger that will fit?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

I know the fag lighter in the earlier cars was larger but seem to recall it came in to line with 996. Most likely some EU countries are not a fan of big holes :what:

I've had no problem running either a tyre pump or a battery trickle charger via the socket.

I have a USB cable coming off the back of the head unit into the centre console cubby for phone charging etc.

Thanks for all the tips. I have ordered something random from Amazon. It's a bit last minute cos I am taking the car to Switzerland on Sunday. If I can work out how I will post a picture (not of the cig lighter).

Cheers

I found this on my old Boxster 986! It was definitely slightly larger than standard. I just bent the lugs out slightly on my USB adapter to make it a tighter fit :thumb:

Hi all,
Belated thanks for the replies. In case it helps anyone else I just bought a standard usb charger for the cigarette lighter and it fitted perfectly.

I promised to post picture from my Switzerland trip but I forgot to take one until I was back in northern France. In fact the only souvenir I have from my trip is the one that arrived in the post a few days later from :cop:

Anyway, this morning I found this on the car, so took a picture which hopefully will attach. And yes the car is still filthy...

Cheers

Attachments

• ffe63d09_2025_4859_b484_95d0a867f01d_135.jpeg
    ffe63d09_2025_4859_b484_95d0a867f01d_135.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,536
Now that's what a road trip write up should look like :grin:

:worship:

That's the IMSBee. :coat:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members