Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Memory Seats - hybrid concoction

Teffers

Greetings 911UK mind hive.

I've searched the forum and can't find the answer, forgive me if this has actually been answered and I'm just being a div.

My car has comfort 996 memory seats. I'd like it to have comfortable 996 sports seats, of which a pair I've just purchased.

My question is about the 'memory' function.

• Is there anything within the actual seats themselves that controls the memory function?
    Will I be able to swap these seats over and the memory function still work?

Note - I never actually use the memory function but it continuing to work post swap would please me.

Thanks!

My own memory function may have failed, but if memory serves the sports seats do not have electric up/down adjustment for both ends of the seat.

Thanks for info - I'm guessing these won't be compatible unless I rebuilt the bases with the sports bolsters and swap the backs over.

Going to have them cleaned next week then swap them over and see.

You will loose the seat memory features unfortunately as the sport seats do not have all the motors and switches etc. I fitted 997 sport seats in mine but kept the seat ecu so I retain the auto dipping mirror which I like.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back