Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Litronics O and T settings

demon

Nurburgring
Can anyone tell show me the correct metal tab/shutter thingy position for the O (i.e. origin) rather than T (tourist) setting inside the Litronic headlights...?

Internet and thread searches haven't really given a definitive answer. I have '99 litronic headlights retrofitted to a '98, so my own manual is no use to me re. the setting... and Porsche haven't made any actual markings that I can see.... :dont know:

The manual image I've seen is of the nearside light, where the tab position is in it's most anticlockwise position i.e. towards the base of the light for "O" and towards the top (or clockwise) for the "T" position

My question is - what is the tab position on the offside light? i.e. should both be in the most anticlockwise position, which would be towards the top, or should both be in the "down" position???

No risk of me dazzling anyone unintentionally, but seriously niggling me(!)

The O/T switch moves a piece of 'wire' across the cutoff in the mask for the area that illuminates the roadside so in the 'tourist' position, the beam is flat.

For both lights, 'T' is for LHD use and 'O' for RHD. My lights are marked 'O' and 'T', turn clockwise for 'T'. I haven't checked but I suspect that the LH and RH projector are identical.

My facelift car has the changeover on both my halogen and Litronic lights.

At this time of year it should be easy to shine the lights against a wall to check that you have adjusted them correctly.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back