Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior coat hooks

rickprice

Does anyone know how to attach the interior hooks? I have one broken and one intact but even the intact one just sits there. I couldn't hang a coat on it.

Anyone got any ideas for fixing these properly?

Thanks in advance

Richard

as per image ..

Plastic trim tool under the base and lever outwards .. make sure none of the old one is stuck in the clips.

The top part sits over a lip .. you put the top of it on then push in at the base .

Attachments

• hook_1_171.jpg
    hook_1_171.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,849
Sorry, I haven't been clear.

Getting them off is no problem - they fall off on their own.

The left hand one seems intact but I cannot seem to locate the upper lug; when I try I cannot get the thing in. The bottom two clip in fine and it stays in place ok, but you wouldn't hang a Handkerchief on it.

On the drivers side the bottom two lugs are broken off so it doesn't even sit there.

It seems to be a daft design - are there any alternatives, before I buy 2 more?

Cheers

Rich

All i seem to remember is the top part sits on a lip so you push the hanger into the headlining over the bracket then lower the hook downwards and push in at the base ...

can you take a photo of the back part of the hook to show the fixings and one of the bracket it goes onto please .

Email me the pictures if can't post them here .

[email protected]

Oh I thought he meant the ones on the back of the seats !!!

Jam911 said:
Oh I thought he meant the ones on the back of the seats !!!

:floor: So did I!

If it helps, I recently took mine off. It's a PITA to get back on, but I found that you have to push up and in pretty hard against the roof trim to get the clips over and in to the holes, then as DeMort says, the bottom one just clips in. The top two should have a kind of lip on them which is effectively the bit that hooks over the bottom edge of the top holes, this is the bit that takes the weight of the fancy dress gown. Suit, coat etc.
Hope that helps.

Stoddy. :thumbs:

Pic

Attachments

• 9bff82e2_f01e_4500_854e_85a18f750201_556.jpeg
    9bff82e2_f01e_4500_854e_85a18f750201_556.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,755
':lol:'

If you're wondering what that annoying buzzing sound is over your shoulder.......

Stoddy said:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: dam thought I had spotted a way to get 'er indoors to like the porsche :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back