Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 Additional Security (Tracker, Immobilser)

hp86

Wondering if anyone could advise currently how secure 992s are? Ive had a number of other cars stolen over the years, most recently a RRS where the Land Rover tracker was disabled within 7 minutes of theft... I have a 2nd tracker on my new RR aswell as a ghost immobiliser system.

992 i just have the vodafone cat s5 tracker - wondering if anyone knows how easy these are to disable and if extra security would be recommended? im not overly keen to have a garage mess about with the canbus etc but will do it if it means car is safe.

hp86 said:
Wondering if anyone could advise currently how secure 992s are? Ive had a number of other cars stolen over the years, most recently a RRS where the Land Rover tracker was disabled within 7 minutes of theft... I have a 2nd tracker on my new RR aswell as a ghost immobiliser system.

992 i just have the vodafone cat s5 tracker - wondering if anyone knows how easy these are to disable and if extra security would be recommended? im not overly keen to have a garage mess about with the canbus etc but will do it if it means car is safe.

I've got my 2nd 992 on order and have specced Entry & Drive (Keyless Entry). I had a wobble last week about security and looked into as much as I can. The Porsche Keyless is classed as 'superior' (best category) and I believe the fob stops ommitting a signal when stationary. My OPC could not confirm this but they did say they have never heard of one of their cars being stolen...

If I had a RRS, Audi, Golf, BMW, Mercedes Sprinter, other Merc, Fiat 500 I would worry about it being stolen but not a 911.

pzero said:
If I had a RRS, Audi, Golf, BMW, Mercedes Sprinter, other Merc, Fiat 500 I would worry about it being stolen but not a 911.

Any particular reason? I had 5 Range Rover in a row with keyless, never had a problem although I know they were vulnerable...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back