Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Liberty Walk Porsche Turbo on ebay

Truly hideous - money can't buy you taste

mikeluke said:
Truly hideous - money can't buy you taste

This ^^^

OMG :yuk:

Absolutely awful in my opinion, I could learn to live with the interior but the exterior :yuk:

Back when I was 18 during the Max Power era (mid 90's) I'd have loved that. :D

It is awful though. Front skirt looks whacky due to the arches not coming down to meet it.
And what's up with the rear wheel positioning will that sort itself when lifted on the air ride? Looks like collapsed suspension. .

So I'm not a fan, but someone liked it and was happy with it, so live and let live I suppose.

Appreciate the effort but it's a No from me :nooo:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

:thumb:

I like the colour of the paint! Not much else I'm afraid 😟

I am obviously in a minority....but I dont hate it :boxin:

Probably wouldnt choose to do it to my pride and joy... but I could happily hoon around in it.

It probably looks better under the neon lights of night time Tokyo, where Liberty Walk means the freedom to customize your car the way you like, rather than the cold light of an English morning, where Liberty Walk makes no sense...

Although, from what I recall of the buying experience in Dubai, the all red interior is completely original and as delivered from the factory.

That's a fair point Max.

Same with fast and furious type stuff. I used to enjoy reading about Midnight club stuff in Japan (again in the 90's), but over here that style of car just seemed chavved up.

I'd rather have a Liberty Walk car than a Rauh Welt butchered thing. Some Liberty stuff doesn't look too bad, especially their modern Ferrari stuff, like 458 etc.

As ever we are all different. It's always interesting to see other people's creations.

Kingb4 Hand in your 911uk socks and sandals on the way out please. We don't want your sort in here thank you. :grin:

Blooody Hell. MAX Power Revival !!

That would look better in a garage pitch black !

Sorry it isnt my taste and for that price? I woukdnt part my hard earned i can tell ya!! I reckon the owner is gonna have serious troubles trying to sell it! If it dont sell i re kon to put it back to standard and sell of the kit seperatly which at least the car is sold!!

J

'Liberty'? More like Liberace

Taking a liberty more like. :nooo:

Marky911 said:
That's a fair point Max.

Same with fast and furious type stuff. I used to enjoy reading about Midnight club stuff in Japan (again in the 90's), but over here that style of car just seemed chavved up.

I'd rather have a Liberty Walk car than a Rauh Welt butchered thing. Some Liberty stuff doesn't look too bad, especially their modern Ferrari stuff, like 458 etc.

As ever we are all different. It's always interesting to see other people's creations.

The mod scene in Japan is crazy, and there are some guys with serious wonga to match a serious passion. They make us look like 15 year olds on a bicycle. And modding an import takes some balls too, but Liberty Walk, Rocket Bunny and Rauh Welt have become serious brands out of Japan. An RWB won best car at the concours in my local (official!) Porsche Club Festival last summer. And yet that car was ridiculed on this forum when someone on holiday saw it parked in the city. I suppose it's the same, either you get it or you don't.

I liked it, the work was amazing, and I have loads of respect, but as for me personally, I can't handle the 'dead whale red' interior and the almost complete lack of drivability.

I'm more of an outlaw, I like the race cars, track cars, patina, stone chips, hot oil and rubber, houndstooth seats, and so on. You know, the Outlaw cars (now there's another brand, which has been adopted into the fold!).

So on a 57 plate this is a 997.1 with a gen 2 rear bumper of some sort and rear clusters fitted. Amiritie?

That front bumper fits like my pre-Christmas work shirts. Are random panel gaps de-rigeur in the Liberty Walk scene too? And the positioning of the rear wheels make it look like Thom Yorke.

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but IMO the colour is the automotive equivalent of sprinkling glitter on the turd you just landed on someone's wedding cake.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back