Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2 Exhaust Heatshields

911-C2

Monza
I am in the process of changing my rear silencers on my 2003 C2 3.6.

I have noticed the Silencer Heatshields in wheel arches are loose. I went to remove the offside one to add some larger washers but both studs in the top of the wheel arch snapped.

Any ideas how to replace these studs?

You can drill them out, and then put a bolt through and tighten a nut down onto it to secure it, then secure the heatshield to it with a second nut and washers.

You can grind off the remains flush, then glue a stud plate onto it with structural epoxy.

You can weld a stud plate on.

You can get a stud welder (my local welding shop has one) that will weld a new stud on directly in place of the old one. This is obviously the closest option to oem.

I use Ashby Welding in Church Crookham, Hants, whenever I need anything welding. They're cheap and the quality is extremely high.

Stud plate - perfect, didnt know they existed.

Will just need to find out the size - M4 I guess.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filipesalette
Back