Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 really growing on me...

Seventy Seven

Barcelona
Hey 992 owners.

I was not too keen on the 992 on release; however really growing on me...

I trust they are as good as they look outside and feel inside?

I need to stop thinking about it and definitely not take one for a test drive - we all know what that can lead to! :what: :D

I love my 997, but there seems to be something about the 992... I may need to consider an addition in a year or so.... :eek:

I was of a similar mind, I was looking a Chester's OPC used ones today, look great in white & yellow, they are growing on me too, I did test one for a full day & they are super sure footed & like an linear rocket, very stable powerful cars. The rear end is growing on me, they look very modern bit space age to me.

Having seen a couple in the flesh, so to speak, it's the perceived size of them that strikes me. I know all modern cars are bigger than ever, but put a 992 next to a 993 and the older car looks tiny in comparison.

That said, new iterations of the 911 have often gone from "have you seen the latest version? Really don't like the looks", to "you know, that new version is growing on me....". I expect the 992 will follow that pattern.

Yep, when it was first released the 2 things I didn't like were rear and interior - I think now this is what I like best!!

Sat in one at OPC yesterday, only a base model, in dark blue was very nice indeed. Set of Spyder wheels and it's job done :D

Mine is as good as it looks which IMO is great, and I think the interior is lovely with just a minor gripe that I'd rather control the screen functions with the equivalent of the BMW iDrive rather than having to reach for the screen.

They are very nice :thumb: The interior is probably the strongest point for me, whether id ever buy one? Not sure from an enthusiasts point of view its ticking any more boxes than a 991 :dont know: :?
Id gladly get one though :grin: But at the moment id then be in to 991 Turbo S money, so id get one of those instead....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back