Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 Steering Wheel Faulty?

TonyC911

Barcelona
Hi Folks,

I noticed recently that my multi-function PDK steering wheel on my 991.1 has the heated wheel switch on the back (as below). However, when I press it nothing happens?

1. Is the button standard design on this wheel, just not enabled / wired to keep manufacturing costs down?
2. Are there particular operating conditions for it to work? E.g. ambient temp, adequate battery voltage, etc
3. Disabled through the many PCM / system settings?
4. Just faulty

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 991_sw_143.jpg
    991_sw_143.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,849
Can only answer 1. - in that there is no button on my m/f pdk wheel
Worth seeing what fuse its on and seeing if it's buried in a menu somewhere before having it looked at would have thought.

Our Macan has a heated steering wheel and it's operated by the switch you describe.
It works all year round and is not temperature dependant. I can't recall seeing any settings in the PCM, it just works - like heated seats. A message does come up on the dash when it's switched on and off.
As MJA911 suggests it will be worth checking the fuse and if that doesn't answer help it might be worth speaking to your OPC or checking the manufacturing codes to see if it was fitted.

Tony do you have heated seats as the steering wheel only works if you have the heated seat option . :thumb:

Thanks guys, that really helps narrow down the possibilities :thumb:

There does not appear to be a fuse listed for the wheel in the owners manual - http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/2012-911-carrera-manual/6/241/Changing-fuses

I do have heated seats Phil and they work just fine, although I have just spotted the below caveat in the manual and I am now wondering if the same is true of the wheel, perhaps battery related? :?:

Attachments

• heated_seat_991_176.jpg
    heated_seat_991_176.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,705

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back