Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

19mm Crows Foot Spanner (Derbyshire)

Harvster

Silverstone
Hi everyone. My oil pressure sender has gone faulty and i have bought a replacement to fit. I understand a 19mm crows foot spanner is required to get it changed but i do not have one.

I like to do these things myself so would rather borrow the tool (or buy if absolutely necessary) for a weekend if anybody has one local to me?

I am in Derbyshire (South Normanton DE55 2EN)

Thought it was worth a try!

Thank you.

I bought a set on Ebay that fit a socket bar, quite cheap and works a treat. You can then use the appropriate length of extension.

I bought mine from the local OPC. You can get cheaper on the net but people advised against it and it wasn't too dear.

Do a search on 911UK for the recent thread on replacing the sender.

Harvster said:
Hi everyone. My oil pressure sender has gone faulty and i have bought a replacement to fit. I understand a 19mm crows foot spanner is required to get it changed but i do not have one.

I like to do these things myself so would rather borrow the tool (or buy if absolutely necessary) for a weekend if anybody has one local to me?

I am in Derbyshire (South Normanton DE55 2EN)

Thought it was worth a try!

Thank you.

Just buy on eBay, you'll only use it once, try to make sure you don't get the ones with retaining logs on them or you'll be messing about filling them off, also you will probably have to file / grind the front half so it's thinner as the nut area you have to get into is quite narrow.

Yes DeMort, that's like the set I bought, probably won't survive a lifetime but they're not tools you use a lot. I didn't need to file them down at all.

Thanks for the replies everyone, and deMort once again. I just didn't want to buy a set knowing I'll never use them again!

@Shalmaneser - just buy from your local OPC, it was about £60.

Thanks everyone!

I replaced mine last weekend with a OE sender sourced from 9apart. £62 inc delivery IRC and less hassle than picking up from my local OPC.

Also purchased a cheap set of Silverline crows feet socket extensions to do the job but needed to grind down the 19mm socket in order for it to fit.

Would a lambda socket work?

I used one of these on a McPherson strut assembly, with a recessed nut.

I'm afraid it needs to be an open ended crows foot .. lambda sockets are 21 mm and have a closed type edge .. you get similar sockets of different sizes but this type is always not open and so wont fit as you can't slide it over the bolt head ... very useful for PASM shocks though .

Yup you will never use them again .. i have a set that i've used twice and i do this for a living lol .

They are cheap though and any option that doesn't involve a garage is usually going to save you money !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back