Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone have the 991.2 Power Kit?

Itstony

Trainee
Must be honest I do not visit this forum much now.
Just had a look after maybe over a year or more. Read a few threads and people talking about the GTS and the extra power.
I had to have a long lead/waiting period on my order as I wanted a LHD. Come the time I had to confirm my spec and get an allocated build slot it was approx 5 months to del/date. This was the same time the GTS became available. I tried to change the order, but P UK would not even entertain it.
On double checking my build spec they had changed/added options same time and the Power kit was an option. It actually was not bundles more in dough, as the option price had options I already chose included. Spec was a per GTS and more BHP, bigger Turbos, mod brake cooling, only difference I saw were no C/W locking.
Anyway, when delivered I was right made up, blinding car, still excites me every time I drive it. Porsche had missed changing the eng cover with "Power kit" on it with some carbon trim on it. Waited months for that. When it finally arrived, they told me I was the only person that had this option and they had to have it made :what:
What I want to ask, is there anyone else that had the power kit option?
Reading a few threads I did see some comments on the extra power on the GTS and the big difference it made.
I cannot compare as I only had one drive in the 420BHP.
From day one and ever since simply amazed at the linear power and 2-1/2yrs later still the same. The damn thing always runs outa road, so no idea what it levels out. :roll:
More pleasure is the road handling, it is blinding and I will openly admit I have reached my limit on where to push it too:hand:
IMHO PDCC is my favourite was worth every penny. I seem to recall that came with the GTS?
Maybe withe the PK also :dont know:

PDCC was a £2.2k option on the 991.2 GTS. I think it only came as standard on the Turbo S.

I went with it, but as I haven't driven a 991.2 without it, I can't compare. I've read reviews where they claim they can't tell the difference. But I wanted a car that was as planted as possible so went with PDCC and RAS. And there's no complaints here, mine corners like it's on rails.

And like you, I'm amazed just how much power that engine kicks out. And even though some moan that it's now turbo charged, it is a cracking unit and any lag is hardly noticeable. And the extra torque you get lower in the Rev range is well worth the millisecond wait.
:thumb:

No idea how anyone can say they cannot feel of tell the difference. I would listen if someone actually said they had driven the car with it on and off on a regulaly bases, or serious amount camparing, not just s brief try.
I would suggest test on a speed bump on then off.
It is subtle, but it is definitely there and and again, it has to be compared. It is softer and less road noise with it off. My Bakewell does not like me car and she knows when I have left it on and the difference.
If I were lucky enough to change my car, it would be first on the boxes to check.
I drive my TT most days and used to love that car with the 250BHP, but this 911 is in a different league, but with 50+yrs of R&D and tweaking the same machine, it ought to be good. I am truly amazed at just how good it is each and every time I drive it. It did cost bundles, but not as much as many other makes that youngsters may prefer, Harry-Dash wise, noise etc. But sure my car can run them all for their money on all aspects of driving.
Lucky we all have different tastes. :thumb:

Itstony said:
No idea how anyone can say they cannot feel of tell the difference. I would listen if someone actually said they had driven the car with it on and off on a regulaly bases, or serious amount camparing, not just s brief try.
I would suggest test on a speed bump on then off.
It is subtle, but it is definitely there and and again, it has to be compared. It is softer and less road noise with it off. My Bakewell does not like me car and she knows when I have left it on and the difference.
If I were lucky enough to change my car, it would be first on the boxes to check.
I drive my TT most days and used to love that car with the 250BHP, but this 911 is in a different league, but with 50+yrs of R&D and tweaking the same machine, it ought to be good. I am truly amazed at just how good it is each and every time I drive it. It did cost bundles, but not as much as many other makes that youngsters may prefer, Harry-Dash wise, noise etc. But sure my car can run them all for their money on all aspects of driving.
Lucky we all have different tastes. :thumb:

I can certainly tell the difference between sport and normal setting in PASM, with PDCC. But I think people are referring to both PASM setups in a car with or without PDCC, rather than the difference between normal and sport. If the car has PDCC, the button has PDCC on it alongside the shocks icon. I think on a car with PASM, but not PDCC, has the same button but it doesn't say PDCC. It just has the shocks icon. But you can still switch between the normal and sport chassis setup.

I might be wrong though, we need someone with a 991.2 with PASM but not PDCC to confirm.

I can't see how PDCC could be switched off and on.

PDCC is an addition to PASM. PDcc has no individual adjustments. Selecting the PDCC rocker switch on they work together and lower the car 20mm. :thumb:

I've never seen a 911 lower 20mm at the flick of a switch.

Magic919 said:
I've never seen a 911 lower 20mm at the flick of a switch.

I was just about to post that a 911 with PASM Sports is 20mm lower than a base Carerra. The PASM button adjusts the dampeners etc., but doesn't lower the car by 20mm.

It does with PDCC :thumb:

Itstony said:
It does with PDCC :thumb:

It doesn't. The ride height is fixed. If your car has PASM Sports, it's 20mm lower than a car without PASM. And 10mm lower than a car with PASM.

PDCC has no bearing on the ride height. It's how you've optioned PASM that dictates the ride height.

Yes, PDCC does not lower it, its additional stability on PASM and total 20mm.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back