Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Questions about 2012 Cayennes

vizor

Hello everyone, merry Christmas, I'm new here and decided to join the forums to learn more about the car, and there's great wealth of info here! Hopefully one day I too can contribute. Am in the market for a Cayenne circa 2011-2013.
They're imported into the country from the UK. A question though, I read alot about 2010-2012 Cayennes having camshaft adjuster bolt problems ( made of aluminium, in the V8 engines ) and Porsche even made recalls ( WC-22 in the US) to rectify this problem. Were there any similar recalls in the UK for cars made around these years? Another problem was the coolant leaks, because of the "glue" that Porsche used to fasten the pipes, found just below the intake manifold (V8 models). Transfer case issues too but not sure about actual recalls on this. I'm looking at Cayenne V8 turbo models, but I dont mind the Touareg based V6 models too.
I guess the second question would then be - how many recalls did Porsche actually do for Cayennes made between 2010 - 2014 cars ?
What are your thoughts about the V8 turbo Cayennes? maintenance, fuel,
reliability of these cars, etc.
Can anyone help with this?
Much appreciated and once again... Merry Christmas

Cam adjuster bolts and there was a recall .. just about every car effected should have been done by now .. serious damage if they fail .

transfer case .. yup .. it can be a problem and a bit of luck of the draw here .. i rebuild them and it's normally the clutch pack .. not always a new unit .

Coolant pipes was a fault on the 04 - 08 CAYENNES .

As with all Porsche there are recalls .. it depends on the model as to what recalls .

what country as if jersey you don't want a Diesel .

deMort said:
Cam adjuster bolts and there was a recall .. just about every car effected should have been done by now .. serious damage if they fail .

transfer case .. yup .. it can be a problem and a bit of luck of the draw here .. i rebuild them and it's normally the clutch pack .. not always a new unit .

Coolant pipes was a fault on the 04 - 08 CAYENNES .

As with all Porsche there are recalls .. it depends on the model as to what recalls .

what country as if jersey you don't want a Diesel .

I live in Malaysia. Grey imports here come mainly from UK or Japan. So if I'm looking at a 2011 model that's imported into the country in 2013 for instance, the official dealer (Porsche M'sia) doesn't do recalls on these cars, only those they've officially imported. That's how it is. So one has no clue if
at all these UK sourced cayennes have had their recalls sorted or not. Forget any recalls after they've come in.

Ok i see now .

It depends on just which model you are looking at .. 3.0 diesels had an oil leak issue .. some V8,s in a certain year range had the cam bolt recall ..

I can say this recall is still ongoing as a forum member has just had his Panamera done a few weeks back .

I think .. if it was me .. i would get the chassis number of the car i was looking to buy then phone Any OPC in the UK and ask about outstanding recalls on this vehicle .. they will soon say if any are due .

Early Cayenne V6 petrol engines are very underpowered .. 04-07 .. a Diesel engine is pretty good and the oil leak issue can be fixed in a couple of hours unlike the OPC fix which is an engine strip ... they don't all suffer from this though .

Im happy to say what i know about a certain model if you narrow down what you want a bit .. each model has items to be aware of ..

just let me know the model , the year and what spec .. ie off road package , air suspension etc etc .

deMort said:
Ok i see now .

It depends on just which model you are looking at .. 3.0 diesels had an oil leak issue .. some V8,s in a certain year range had the cam bolt recall ..

I can say this recall is still ongoing as a forum member has just had his Panamera done a few weeks back .

I think .. if it was me .. i would get the chassis number of the car i was looking to buy then phone Any OPC in the UK and ask about outstanding recalls on this vehicle .. they will soon say if any are due .

Early Cayenne V6 petrol engines are very underpowered .. 04-07 .. a Diesel engine is pretty good and the oil leak issue can be fixed in a couple of hours unlike the OPC fix which is an engine strip ... they don't all suffer from this though .

Im happy to say what i know about a certain model if you narrow down what you want a bit .. each model has items to be aware of ..

just let me know the model , the year and what spec .. ie off road package , air suspension etc etc .

deMort, thank you I really appreciate this, it puts my mind at ease. Have been thinking these past few days (Christmas does that to you) about narrowing my search down to cars officially imported only for peace of mind, however should a good grey import turbo come along enough to convince me to go for it, I will certainly share with you details about the car. And yes turbos and GTSs are still on my mind. Put it this way, the only model i'm not keen about is the hybrid. Will keep you posted.
Btw, what are your thoughts on the 2011-2012 turbo models? The M48.51 engines I believe. They hold well? Have you seen high mileage cars there?
Any issues I should look out for at the 100k km mark?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back