Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

235 rather than 245 tyre

spreadselbow

Hi all,
Apologies , potential stupid question incoming.

Going away last min tomorrow and want to swap the cup 2 tyres for ps4, my man who i trust near me can can only get a 235 wide tyre rather than the usual 245/35/20...anyone know if i am due a imminent death with this 10mm difference or perfectly fine?!

Cheers

Will not be a problem at all. 2-2.5% diameter difference is fine. The difference in the tyres you posted is 0.88%. :thumb:

C.

What model GT3 are we talking, and what is the car used for?

Mines a 997 .1 and 235 is standard fitment on the front, however for the last several years I've fitted 245 to help reduce understeer (on track specifically)

If yours is a later model which has 245 as standard and you reduce contact patch with the road at the front, then expect more potential understeer. How much depends on how you're going to use the car and the road/track conditions

thanks Cableguy

and Roro, its a 991.1 gt3 just fast road use, i'm only get a set of ps4's for use till april when I can put the cup tyres back on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back