Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust bypass installation - East London / Essex

icekay

Trainee
Hi all,

I got a Topgear bypass for the 997 last week in the Cyber Monday sale and though it'd be easy enough to find a garage to do the installation somewhere local to me - sadly Topgear themselves are a bit too far.

Some places only do weekdays which I can't do, a couple have ignored my request for a quote and one place quoted me well over £500 which is outrageous.

I think something in the region of £200 sounds fair for this job and I don't want to use a dodgy / overworked outfit. Can someone recommend a good workshop in the East London / Essex area? I would also consider neighbouring Kent.

Thanks!

Have a look for your local Powerflow or Longlife exhaust centre as these are Topgear partner brands . there will be one somewhere close to you they will know what to do and can be advised by head office if they encounter any issues . That IMO would be the safest option .I think your fairly close of the fitting price as well; :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Phil I have made a few enquiries :)

icekay go and see my mate martyn scott who runs Scotts Performance in Dartford. really close to the tunnel and he does all the work on my cars.

brilliant German indy and has loads of bmw, Porsche customers.

have a look in Owners section. he done the back boxes and Cats on my old 996. as well as the 200 cell cats on my 997

should be few hours works at best. tell him you are a mate of Nick Welchs

mobile - 07876 777168
office - 01322 294431

Much of the cost comes from the time required to drill out the old studs from the main flange - this is completely unnescesary as they can be simply popped out with a ball joint splitter.

Even on Youtube you see them lying on their backs drilling away for up to an hour on each stud - very frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back