Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sill plastic covering repair ???

Grey996

Nurburgring
Hi,

The plastic covering behind the front wheel is damaged and the bare metal is showing underneath.

Does anyone have any repair ideas as I can't think of anything to match the textured body coloured coating.

Thanks

Attachments

• 6fbbb1c9_9d40_4710_b74f_7bd67fe9e420_173.jpeg
    6fbbb1c9_9d40_4710_b74f_7bd67fe9e420_173.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,327
I've always struggled to match this too. It's the textured rubberised coating that manufactures use underneath and often on the sills.

In the past I've bought 'stone chip" which is described as being this stuff and as giving this finish but it never does. It goes on much thinner (albeit with a brush) but even stippling multiple layers I've never got a very good match.

Until earlier this year! When stippling stone chip over a recent coat of smooth hammerite, the stone chip softened the hammerite, the two ran together, thickened up and gave the right result.

That's the best I can do. If anyone has the right answer, particularly that can be applied by brush rather than a Schultz gun, I too would be very interested.

Thanks both, I'll trim it back and try and stipple some stone chip then paint it.

Several.years.ago i bought a couple of cans of stone chip aerosol, it had the same finish as the picture but was a lighter grey, you could however spray it when it had cured. Sorry can't remember the brand but it could be worth buying a can to test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back