Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

We've lost a GT3 in NZ

"We were going at the speed limit, so I'm not sure what happened. It was pretty scary."

Really :eek: What are the speed limts in NZ :?

Excessive speed is perhaps the wrong assumption ...... that's just the sort normal damage one would expect if you roll a car ...... which looks as if it has only rolled the once ....... if excessive speed were involved I would have expected it to roll more than the once and the damage to be more severe and the occupants to be injured.

Just my opinion.

Speed limit is 100kmh and I know that road. JDA (just Driving Along) aye right. To be fair, its block chip on that road which is very coarse and loose so any enthusiastic cornering can go wrong quite quickly

He's done well to roll that and not scuff the Aero Spoiler ?

Seems odd that the airbags didn't deploy ?
As suggested possibly a bit of enthusiastic cornering with a hint of front end pointing him into the ditch where he's run out of road and the dip and the embankment have created the Humpty Dumpty effect,

Do you think that he would take £50 for the alloys?

The story says he rolled two and half times.... driving under 100kph? hmmm :?: :dont know:

Once upon a time a 'friend' may have been stopped after being recorded 'a bit above' the limit near there, like maybe twice the limit perhaps. However, single officer meant no action and a negotiated position of 111kmh and a $60 fine :D :eek:
Those were the days.

Could it be the same thing that happened to a member here recently... I forget who... something broke in the rear suspension and he nearly lost control.

Robertb said:
Could it be the same thing that happened to a member here recently... I forget who... something broke in the rear suspension and he nearly lost control.
Other than the rear steering which pitched the car, othing else was damaged, sold the car back to the dealer. That's legit.

Robertb said:

The rear axle steering went on mine. I don't think the 997 GT3 had RAS.

991.2GTS said:

Correct, and certainly not on a Gen 1.

pzero said:
991.2GTS said:

Correct, and certainly not on a Gen 1.

Indeed. The 997.1 only had basic traction control too (no PSM stability control) so it is extremely unlikely to be electronic in any way. If it wasn't pilot error then the most likely cause is almost certainly a mechanical failure.

Robertb said:

This was my thought, but if there's no rear steering...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back