Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement wheel bolts advice

G-996

Trainee
My 996 C4 has had Design Tek chromed wheel bolts including locking wheel bolts since I bought it 5 years ago. They look pretty good, but as the chrome is now peeling off on some of the top of the bolts, and a couple of threads, I think it's time to replace them.
So I bought a new set of Design Tek bolts, but the quality is terrible. Three of the bolt heads are so oversized they won't fit a 19mm socket, and the threads have not been properly chromed on any of the 20 bolts. I'm going to return them, as I don't want anything that clearly poorly made holding the wheels onto the car.
Has anyone any recommendations for sources of wheel bolts that won't rust? I've heard the OEM bolts rust pretty quickly. Appreciate any advice.

Oddly my car was fitted with 2 locking bolts on each wheel and with the fact that I was paranoid about losing one or both keys and that these wheels are not really stolen I decided to replace the lot.

I went with Titanium bolts (standard length) from Design911 and with the appropriate Castrol optimol paste it came to £264 delivered

Part number was 99736120000 for the bolts (pack of 20)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yarders
Back