Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wales Trip....couple of Pics....Windscreen FOG.

greenchef

Trainee
So, it wasnt raining....but you got some splatter getting on the screen from cars infront, everytime you used the washer jets to clear the screen.....the windscreen fogs up on inside........ So i can only assume the drains run past/into the air intake for the car? Maybe a blocked drain?

Surely this cant be normal!

[/img]

i give up...cant get pics to work....just states..

"No post mode specified"

What settings have you got the heater on?

If you're on 'recirc' things will fog up inside. Even better if you run in climate (with AC default on) with fresh air operating

In the 996, the aircon deactivates below 3c and it can mist up a bit under some circumstances. Maybe the new fandangled cars are the same.

i never run with ac on, hate it, and it aint needed.

i just point hot external air at the screen, hard to do in this car, as when you hit screen button it forces you to have ac on, but if you aim for face vents quite a bit of that hit the screen and then you don't have to have ac on.

But in this car, as soon as you wash that screen.....bam....all that water seems to get sucked in and hit the screen? Why would you pick up fresh air from the drains!

Or is it because the washer fluid is so cold it cools the windscreen on the inside and then you get condensation?

It aint right, ive never had this any other cars, front engined, mid engined etc...

greenchef said:
i never run with ac on, hate it, and it aint needed.

i just point hot external air at the screen, hard to do in this car, as when you hit screen button it forces you to have ac on,

There's probably a reason why it turn the AC to 'on' to counteract the issues you're getting.

I've never had the problem you mention either but I wonder if your system has fresh air intake flaps stuck closed?

You must have balls of steel not to use AC in the height of summer. If you ever fancy a 981 Spyder there's one been doing the rounds at OPCs as it's got no AC and it would appear getting rid of Ebola is easier than flogging this car :grin:

I lived in queensland Australia for years.....sub tropical....still never used AC in the cars, one of them didn't even have AC, and never used it in the house.

people have a problem...yeah it gets a bit warm...but not hard to handle. Its better than being cold.

Im gona say fresh air flaps working....i do cycle these on and off, for when stuck in bad traffic.....and car will start to fog after a few mins with them closed, then clears quickly when you open them (with no AC)

Where did you buy it from? Take it back and tell them to run the codes on the HVAC and then sort it.

If you don't get any joy a snooker ball in a sock normally alleviates any communication difficulties.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back