Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tail Gate Not closing fully

Matrixxxx

Trainee
my tailgate fully closes 10% of the time the rest of the time it opens slightly as if there is something in the way.
I assumed it just needed adjustment , but it has started to make a creaking noise on the RHS , just wondering if the dampers need changing , but not the hydraulic rams/springs?

All I can find searching is that it could be down to a software timing issue?

early cars had just shocks to open the lid .. not sure if that's what you have on your car but they have no effect on closing .. they only make the lid open.

There was a single year that Porsche used the VW system as an automatic opener .. i think it was 2008 .. unsure there .. its a very complicated hydraulic system and as said was used for a single year only .

After that there was 2 rams for auto opening / closing .

you also have the soft closing on some models .. lid closed but it wont pull it fully shut .. this is often due to rubbish collecting in the base lock assembly .

One of those things that's easy to diagnose when i can see the car .. but a little uneasy when i can't .

Best guess .. remove the lower chrome panel and have a look at what's there .. perhaps take a picture and post .. i need something to work with :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back