Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

And through 100k miles...

Osh

Paul Ricard
Spent a lot of time on the road last week driving around the country.

Up nice and early Friday morning; picked my P&J up from the car park bang on 6am in Manchester city center and left to drive to Slough; as i got to the edge of the city she tripped through the 100,000 miles mark.

Love driving her - always puts a smile on my face.

One day she'll need a rebuild; when she does might also get a super charger strapped to her to make things a little more interesting. Who knows...

For now I know just love what she does and how she does it :thumb:

Osh

I just clocked on 116k miles after a trip around the Jurassic Coast to keep the misses happy, from 113k miles when bought in August. I think the sterling pounds depreciation matches the miles added over 100k unfortunately..

Good to hear Osh!

Here's to many more miles and smiles :cheers:

142k this week in mine.

147 in mine....

248k in mine - do try to keep up... :bye:

demon said:

:hand: But it's had a rebuild.

Alex said:
demon said:

:hand: But it's had a rebuild.

Ok... for the purist answer, it got to 168k before the rebuild, but the main bearings were on their last legs so would have been better rebuilt earlier (hence I suspect the main reason the previous owner was selling). 150k does seem to be the typical milestone for rebuilds. I definitely believe 996s prefer to do ~10k a year daily use than just weekend service in nice weather - that said with a 200k+ car pretty much every single thing starts to need to be viewed as a "service item" of some kind (buggered if I ever intend to sell the car/move on though!) :D

:thumb:

If it's score free, at that miles and you start to see white metal fragments / copper in the oil filter, I guess just a bearing shells & chains rebuild would be reasonable? I say 'reasonable'..

145k. ways to go!

Morning guys

yes, I'm really, really pleased with my P&J and wonder swap her for anything. I was chatting to Mrs Osh at the weekend and saying that, at some point in the future, the engine will need to be rebuilt and - when it comes to the time, i'll probably have it bored out, new headers and stainless steel down pipes, 100 or 200 cell cats and a super charger slapped on. As a typical girl Mrs Osh simply couldn't understand why....

Been reading other threads about engine rebuilds/upgrades and its something i'm looking forward to doing - it will probably be 2-3 years away from now though as the old girl is ticking along just fine. :thumb:

Osh

It's great to hear about all these high milers.. with Porsche, it's almost a badge of honour, rather than embarrassment, which says lots about the cars. Particularly driving a 996, which is meant to have a chocolate engine.. when I start mine effortlessly in subzero temperatures after a week sat on the drive, it doesn't feel chocolate to me!

Definitely therapeutic to commit to keeping the 996 through thick and thin and use it day-in day-out. Makes it slightly less unbearable when things go pop/smoke/tap/bag of spanners.. (maybe!?)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back