Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Will changing my 911 C4 steering wheel affect value of car?

Sdurkin

Hello All,

Some advice please. I have a 911 Carrera 4 (2013) which is a lovely looking car in Grey. The only thing I would like to change is the steering wheel as it is somewhat plan (no silver spokes just standard with silver gear changing buttons).

If I change it will it impact the value of the car negatively? If not where is the best place to source and have it fitted?

All guidance appreciated.

Cheers
Sean

No, just hang on to the original for when you come to sell (and maybe remove and sell your new one as they are megabucks)

Official Porsche Centre is a good source for parts, and some of the independent suppliers such as Carnewal or just keep an eye out on eBay, parts for sale here.

Re: Will changing my 911 C4 steering wheel affect value of c

Sdurkin said:
Hello All,

Some advice please. I have a 911 Carrera 4 (2013) which is a lovely looking car in Grey. The only thing I would like to change is the steering wheel as it is somewhat plan (no silver spokes just standard with silver gear changing buttons).

If I change it will it impact the value of the car negatively? If not where is the best place to source and have it fitted?

All guidance appreciated.

Cheers
Sean

Definitely no negative affect on value and common modification. Ideally keep the bogo button wheel and purchase a sport design with paddles (bogo to be refitted if you sell)
Sport design wheels do come up frequently second hand, expect to pay circa £500.00. Fitting is easy and diy without issues (straight swap) no coding required. Literally a 30 min job max.

One more question in relation to this thread

Assume it's important to make your insurer aware of this change? Did it cost you more on the Insurance when notified?

Thanks again
Sean

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back