Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Single DIN Radio Installation

Moko

Hi been looking at various options to upgrade stereo and found this interesting Pioneer SpH-BT10 unit which does CarPlay etc using your phone as the display......the best bit it's single DIN and only costs £79.

I've never installed a Car Radio but am well used to old HiFi systems (valves, record decks crossovers etc) so I think it should be within my skill range.

So is there anything I should watch out for, wire in a certain way etc?

Thanks as always for any advice it's much appreciated.

Forgot to say current system is the CD-22R with a broken six CD changer in the Frunk, but no fancy BOSE system just the bog standard set up.

Fitting a stereo is a pretty easy job. There are a number of tutorials on YouTube which are a great help.

Just make sure you have the correct extraction tools: https://ebay.us/9Jm886

And the correct harness adaptor for your head unit.

Note also that there is an anti-theft switch which must be grounded otherwise the car won't start.

See photos at the bottom here:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techar...-ELEC-Radio_Install/88-ELEC-Radio_Install.htm

The head unit looks like a great buy too! I love the phone holder integration

Looks a very smart unit! Quite tempted actually... can you change the display illumination colour to match the dash?

Edit to add- yes you can, just watched the video! You can get parking sensors too which might be handy.

But sorry, no idea how to fit it... got a car hifi place to do mine.

Sounds like your car is pre MOST fibre optic thingy which will make life significantly easier.

According to the videos I watched yes you can change the illumination to pretty much any colour of your choice....I'm going Orange as I actually like the retro colour of the interior lights.

Yes no fibre optics in mine but I'm going to have to figure out if there's a separate amp. CD changer is definitely coming out to lighten the car though.

If you don't have Bose or the Porsche Sound Pack you are unlikely to have an amp, though I found out a previous owner had fitted a nice one to mine.

Thanks it's all sounding easier with every post :)

That's a cool radio actually...
let me know how you get on :D I'll try it next

Indeed... I would be interested to see some pics of it installed, and with the illumi in orange when you are all set up.

I like that the screen is a satin finish, rather than the usual shiny gloss, and the surround looks like it will integrate well. The only possible issue is that it may not sit flush with the panel, but hard to see from the pics.

Just realised it has no DAB :/
bummer.

Can use BBC sounds app on your phone (ok you will have to pay for data)

Here you go a picture of the install.

It sounds pretty good for £80 certainly better than the original unit. Waze, Radio and phone all integrate well so if you want a bargain set up can recommend this Pioneer.

Pioneer Sync App takes a bit of getting used to as it's no CarPlay but it's useable. There's some firmware update available which I need to apply which will further improve things.

Attachments

• 65119ec0_1733_4b31_bf3e_ddcb75f901bc_148.jpeg
    65119ec0_1733_4b31_bf3e_ddcb75f901bc_148.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,172

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back