Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which 911 generation is the most comfortable?

BenB91

My 997.2 has PASM and usually runs on 19" wheels but I have recently switched to my winter wheels which are 18" and the ride comfort is noticeably improved.

I have little experience of driving other 911 models so I am curious which generation is deemed the most comfortable?

I've read that the 991 is more of a GT car than the 997.

I think I'd prefer a more comfortable car.

All thoughts welcome.

The obvious answer is the 992 👍. But the 991 is certainly a big step up from the 997, you could easily use daily and for long trips, I'm not sure it's a GT but close enough :wink: Even more impressive when running standard on 20" wheels

It has pretty much always been the base model (with the smallest wheels) of whatever is the latest generation of the car - so currently a 992 Carrera Coupe.

benbuhagiar said:
My 997.2 has PASM and usually runs on 19" wheels but I have recently switched to my winter wheels which are 18" and the ride comfort is noticeably improved.

I have little experience of driving other 911 models so I am curious which generation is deemed the most comfortable?

All thoughts welcome.

How about running 18s in the summer too?

MaxA said:
benbuhagiar said:

All thoughts welcome.

May have to try that, will keep an eye out for some nice 18s. Or could just change the car... :?

MaxA said:
benbuhagiar said:

All thoughts welcome.

That's the equivalent of wearing Crocs. :hand:

Probably a lot of cars other than a 911. You'll get a reduction in NVH as you go newer, but it's still a Porsche 911.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back