Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not another what oil question... 110,000 5W 40?

Mookin

Sorry, another what oil query but related to mileage in my defence..

Car coming up for 12 months in my ownership and about to turn 110,000 miles. Due it's annual service. I have only done 3000 miles or so this year.

Car has been running on 0W 40 but was wondering whether to change to 5W 40 (or another rating?)with the higher mileage?

Thoughts please n ta.

Yes definitely.
Most recommend millers but I would say do your research and reach your own conclusion.

Running mine on Millers 10w50, per Hartech advice.

I would advise 5W/40 mobil 1 oil .. it's what we would be using any ways ..

You can go 10W/50 but i would prefer a step at a time instead of a big jump so perhaps start with 5W/40 .

Thanks guys, 5W 40 tis.

996 c4s

Hi i use 10/60 Castrol titanium mines done 83,000 is that ok?

I switched to shell helix 5 40 around 125k after running on nothing but 0 40 mobil 1.

Similar here. Used Mobil 0W 40 until 80k then switched to Petronas 5W 40.

The only difference between a 0w-40 and a 5w-40 oil is the viscosity at cold temps. The 0w-40 flowing easier when cold but once up to operating temp they will be exactly the same.

About to have an oil
Change too. I have been told 5/40 over 0/40 for older cars.. can anyone explain the benefits?

Thanks

Mobil vs Shell vs Gulf vs Petronas vs Castrol vs Millers!!

Going to go 5W 40 but what brand? Surely they are all similar spec?!

Some great Black Friday deals on some..

I'd recommend the shell helix - only around £25 for 5 litres (CPFL using their discount code) and on the Porsche approved list.

I use Millers Nanodrive CFS 5W40 NT+, it`s expensive but I drive my Porsches hard and track them, changing the oil before each trackday.
For normal road use only I would say good quality brand 5W40 and change every 6 months, cheaper nice new clean oil is better than dirty old expensive oil :thumb:

I use 0W-40 on my 120k car. Oil pressure isn't telling me i need anything different, still around 2 bar at hot idle

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back