Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: 996 turbos

Leigh Baker

So the time has come to rebuild my turbos but before I pull the trigger, thought I'd shout out to see if anyone has some to sell first?

Looking for K16's, either OEM or mildly modded.

I'll need to commit to rebuilding mine by Monday at the latest as car is sat at my Indy waiting for me to advise.

Cheers

Leigh

Ive just sent mine off for rebuild, had some very reasonable quotes and one of mine was literally corroded in half.

I had no luck finding another set that wasnt massively overpriced!

Rosselder83 said:
Ive just sent mine off for rebuild, had some very reasonable quotes and one of mine was literally corroded in half.

I had no luck finding another set that wasnt massively overpriced!

Who did you end up using for the rebuild then and ball park costs? I've been quoted £1k + Vat per turbo from AET.

Not sure if this is good value or not.....

I initially spoke to turbo dynamics and they quoted me 275+vat per turbo assuming everything internally was in good reusable condition.

Sounds like it might be worth speaking to them, they were super knowlegable and friendly on the phone too.

Yes Turno Dynamics are hybriding and rebuilding my 997.1 TT turbos for about £1500.
Think a standard rebuild is about £400 each

Thanks for the recommendations etc all.

I've got some really nice used turbos coming from the USA so hopefully all sorted. Will still have my old units to get refurbed at some time in the future if I want to slip onto the slope of modding!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back